Saturday, January 10

Christmas with my family

Ok so before it is April and I am blogging about Thanksgiving, I am going to finish my holiday blogging. I am ahead of where I was last year because I have finished Thanksgiving, and even Christmas Eve, Eve...so now I guess it is onto Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.


Christmas Eve was the usual night at my Grandpa's house...plus we had some very welcome extra guests! It was a good time...a little wrestling, a little eating, a just a great evening with my family. I love spending time with my family. One thing that I really was grateful for this year is the fact that my family is so close, and not just with out immediate family, but with our very extended family. The Saturday before Christmas was spent in Tooele with my grandma Wall's sisters and their families...that is a lot of people but it is always a great time! Especially this year because my aunt Jennifer created a trivia game about all the Bevan sisters and I learned things about my great aunts that I never knew!

It really is a blessing to be so close to all those people. I am so grateful for the strong ties that my grandma Wall instilled in her children and grandchildren. I have great times with my family and some of my best memories are with family.


Here are pics from the Christmas Eve 2008 festivities:
The traditional pajama conga line...which lead to....
DOG PILE ON GRANDPA!!
There was a lot of goofing of with cousins as well....

Brookie and Kenzi.
Toph,Bethy, Brookie, Rachie...so precious!


Of course what would Christmas be without music. Kelli graced us with two of the new songs she wrote last year...she is quite talented...that little sis of mine.
Boys will always be boys...Scottie and Cameron enjoying Cameron's Transformer.
Of course you can't have Christmas Eve without the story of the Savior's birth. Every year is has grown more and more sacrilegious...but this year we reigned it in and had a great "play" with costumes (courtesy of Anna and Tamara...who joined us this year) and everything.
Of course the socializing and the food are very important and not only were we blessing with Anna and Jim and Corey and Ivy and Tamara, but Fiona an Bobby came to. I am pretty sure I invited them all...since I tend to enjoy big parties...the more the merrier! It was actually really great that they were all there.
AHHHHH...the babies...
Punk Rock Aniston!
cousins...2nd or 2nd twice removed or something...meeting for the first time.
everyone loves the babies!
no one is immune.

All in all Christmas Eve was pretty mellow and VERY enjoyable this year. Babies bring an amazing sense of peace! YAY FOR BABIES!

No comments: