Friday, May 28
9. She is half the reason that my nephew is the most adorable little boy ever!
8. She appreciates and contributes to the silly antics of the Russell children...as seen here.
7. She is an awesome cook!
6. She comes from a really awesome family.
5. She is a fabulous mom. I love watching her with Jonah.
4. She is a fantastic wife...as evidenced by what a great guy my brother continues to become each year that they are married. (I LOVE YOU SCOTTIE)
3. She is one of the most genuinely kind people I've ever met.
2. She has a strong testimony and is an example to me.
1. She is a RUSSELL...what more can I say!?
MATTIE I LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Wednesday, May 26
Monday, May 24
"All of the "sideways" moments that were shown on the show were never part of the characters real lives but instead part of their purgatory. It was created by each and every one of the castaways as a way of finding their redemption through their experiences on the island. As they came together throughout the final episode in their created purgatory they could remember what they went through in their past on the island and as a result could help one another find their peace and move on into their afterlife. At the end when you see everyone in the church, they have all died at that point. Some had already died while on the island (Boone, Shannon, Jack) while others died after having escaped on the Ajira flight at the end. Those who had escaped in the final episode on the plane (Miles, Kate, Sawyer, etc.) went on to live their lives after leaving the island for the final time. It was only when they came to their own deaths that they found themselves in the purgatory with all the other castaways. They were the most important parts of one another's lives, that is why they were reunited to help one another find acceptance and move on. So I hope that helped you understand it a little better. Ultimatley not all of the questions were answered on LOST but that was so we could come to our own conclusions about some things."
I hope that helped folks! I was sad to see it end...but what a freakin' fantastic ending!
Friday, May 21
Sunday, May 9
Wednesday, May 5
"Jokes are good for your health, they reduce stress, even jokes as old as "Does this bus go to Duluth? No, this bus goes beep beep." Or the blind man who picked up a hammer and saw. They keep on pleasing us, year after year." - Garrison Keillor
1. A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The flight attendant looks at him and says, "I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger."
2. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says "Dam!
3. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it immediately sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
4. Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says "I've lost my electron" The other says "Are you sure?" The first replies "Yes, I'm positive."
5. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.
6. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent Tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."
7. A woman has identical twins and is forced to give them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in Spain ; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're identical twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."
8. A group of friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to "persuade" them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that only Hugh can prevent Florist friars.
9. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and, with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good) a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
10. There was the person who sent ten different puns to friends with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.