Sunday, June 27

Pint Size Pool Party

As you may or may not know, I've recently (Friday night) purchased a pool. I have an awesome balcony at my apartment. Thus far I've added a grill and my wonderful lawn chair that I've had for about fifteen years. It has a shoulder strap and a pocket on the back of the chair...it is rad! Anyway...I spend many hours each week...daily almost...sitting on my balcony in my chair reading, listening to iPod, napping or just letting my mind wander. The other day as I was zoning on the balcony I thought about how refreshing it would be if I had some water to stick my feet in since it is getting quite warm out. Then it hit me! I will buy a kiddie pool for my balcony. It will be big enough for me to put my chair in while I sit and relax and my feet will be totally refreshed! So Friday I set out to find my new pool. Smith's Market Place was my first, and incidentally last stop because I found the perfect pool for six bucks!

See the awesomeness for yourself!


Now it may not look like anything...but let me tell you...I made it through one and half books sitting out on my balcony...on my chair...in my pool...and I did NOT want to get out. Now if I could just find a way to add a hammock (I found the one I want in the Kirkland's catalog) I will be set...well almost...I'd still like a fire pit.

The pool awesomeness continued today with Scott, Mattie, Jonah and Kelli coming over for dinner. It was an awesome dinner...grilled corn on the cob, London broil, grilled asparagus, a delicious salad with some sort of poppy seed dressing, fabulous bread sticks and to top it off chocolate brownies with green ice cream with black dots and hot fudge....but I digress...and probably make you all jealous and hungry...anyway...when Jonah arrived we showed him the pool. Immediately he began splashing the water around...but only while standing outside the pool. After dinner we turned on Cars (Jonah's and Scott's favorite movie)...then the real pool fun began.


Jonah also enjoyed the chair...and a cup.

Here he is in the pool, sitting on the chair...while watching Cars. I could not get him to smile towards the camera because he was too engrossed in the movie...like father like son I suppose.

Finally I caught a smile directed to the camera!

Only to have him get more comfortable and refocus his attention on the task at hand...Lighting McQueen.
And as a result of all this water fun...a VERY full, yet clean diaper! I guess I should buy some swim diapers to keep on hand.

So there you have it folks. My new pool of awesomeness. I am looking forward with great excitement to a summer sitting pool side...well technically sitting IN the pool!

5 comments:

mattie said...

i think i might have to get me one of those, but i'm not sure where we would put it.

thanks again for having us! dinner was delicious and we all had a great time.

simplysarah said...

love it!

Clark and Katie said...

Brooke...I am not surprised in the least! I wish I lived near so I could come chill in your pool with you. Jonah sure is a cutie!

Tara said...

Haha! That's awesome, brooke...i wish we had a private balcony to stick a kiddie pool on for us to enjoy!

the conleys said...

ENVIOUS! how awesome is that?! I started thinking where I could put a kiddie pool... and then I realized my only option would be filling up my tub with cool water. Hmm.