Monday, June 9

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. This post has been rated NEWTIF: Not Everyone Will Think Its Funny

So a few days ago I was having my daily conversation with my friend Jen. She made a comment about getting some...and me...being in my usual sarcastic mood (is there really any other mood)...asked her "Exactly how much is some?" I believe Jen's response to my question was, "I just wet my pants." Seeing as she found it humorous I thought I would use it as a funny weekly random question. I suppose I should not have assumed as much as I did....I figured in asking the question. "In the phrase 'I am gonna get some' how much is some?" people would understand the context I was asking it in without me having to explain it...alas...I did receive some quantifying responses that had nothing to do with "getting some" :) Although they may very well have been referring to some...what some...I don't know...but maybe it was the same some I was referring to...or in some cases...maybe they were simply being smart-asses.

And since some of these answers are not G-rated I have not included names. If you want to know who said what...email me. :)

Boy: it's enough. But not too much.

Girl: I would say as much as I can take with out passing out or taking off my pants...for now anyways...you know what I'm sayin...

Girl: As mush as I want! Whatever I'm feeling like!

Boy: That depends on who is saying it and also the context.

Girl: A satisfying amount.

Girl: All the way! Down and dirty!

Boy: Any

Girl: I think it depends on the person using the phrase

Girl: Depends on my marital status!

Girl: Depends on who is making the statement

Girl: I think it depends on where you're at in life. Me-it better mean sex. If you are just dating and don't have sex before marriage then it means making out. I think in general it means sex though.

Girl: I think it's different for everyone and it definitely changes things if it's just NCMO as opposed to a relationship.

Girl: when you've had your fill

Girl: more than a little but less than a lot.

Girl: more than none, but not quite enough...

Girl: depends on the boy and the day...

Boy: The linguistics of this phrase can be tricky. "Some" should be used pronominally, yet its inherent definition makes it hard to determine. So don't try to quantify it, rather think of "some" as a varying noun.

Girl: To me, a good make out...and possibly a little more.

Girl: Depends on how far you're willing to go.

5 comments:

kelzone said...

what boy wrote any? that's really quite hilarious and sounds like something my guy friends would say...there's a reason i'm the only girl that hangs out with them...

Sweet J said...

I agree with the kelster that was hilarious. You know what I am sayin....up top.

Unknown said...

which comment were you talking about? The long winded one was from the infamous Edwin Parker

Sweet J said...

No the one where the boy wrote any

Unknown said...

I believe that was our good friend Tyler.