Wednesday, October 1

some simple musings

I realize it's been awhile since I have posted something, but in truth the most exciting thing in my life has been my nephew. Work is pretty crazy these days as I am working on an upgrade project for the main processing system for my company...see...you don't want to hear that...it's boring...it sounds boring, and it is tedious, but it has to be done. So that is what I spend most of my time doing.

As far as anything else new and exciting...I have come across some new songs...well...new to me...maybe not to you...that I have enjoyed...they comprise my playlist these days...some are peppy, some are mellow...but they get me through the day.

I'm You-Leona Lewis
Don't Let Go-Sarah McLachlan
Already Home-Ha*Ash w/ Brandi Carlile
Forever-Chris Brown
Elder Jeffery R Holland's CES fireside-A-MAZING!!!
Heart and Shoulder-Heather Nova
One Step at a Time-Jordin Sparks (I have no more pride)
Ever the Same-Rob Thomas
Pills-Sarah McLachlan w/ the Perishers
It Means Everything-Album-Save Ferris
One April Day-Stephen Merrit
Daydream Believer-Mary Beth Maziarz
New Soul-Yael Naim

So those are just some of the recent artists that grace my playlist to get me through my day.

Other than that I don't have much to post. My friend Erin has some great posts recently. And I recently found my friend Anya Hillstead from Las Vegas...that made my day. She is for sure one of the coolest girls I have ever met. Another friend from Las Vegas, Ashely Huffaker, has recently started a blog as well. Getting in touch with these two girls has brought a flood of Las Vegas memories...I have some great ones...in particular regarding hiking...especially with those two. Good times. But beyond the great memories, there is something that sticks out more in respect to both of these ladies...whether they know it or not, they have had an immense influence on me and how I live my life. I have A-MAZING friends. I really do...simply astounding the accomplishments so many of them have made in their lives...but there is a handful...maybe two handfuls...who really stick out for one reason in particular. Here it is-in all of the greatness of these aforementioned friends I have never felt less than them. In their lives they have accomplished so many great things, overcome insane odds NOT in their favor, done so much more than I may ever do...and yet, when I am in their presence, or having a brief email or blog encounter, I never feel anything other than my best self. These people, they help me to see who I really am, who I can and will be. I am unclear as to how they do this...but they do. I am grateful for these friends, past and present...and more than likely, future. I hope that I can one day have that same affect on people.

Anyway...those are my thoughts for now.

2 comments:

ern said...

shoot, brooke, you have way more influence on people like that than i ever will in my whole life. i have a couple heroes in my life and you are one of them. seriously.

Anya said...

you are one of the main reasons my life has turned out the way it has, so from my whole family- thank YOU. Words that come to mind when I think of you from my life: spiritual (and even as an impressionable youth!), courageous, independent, daring, challenging, and supportive. I will forever be in your debt and I will always love and miss you even if I don't see you (in person) for another 30 years!