Wednesday, March 18

things

so the last five or six days have been just amazing, in terms of weather...and not too shabby in terms of everything else either...but because of this amazing weather I have been hard pressed to remain inside. Of course at work I am limited to the amount of time I spend outside, but after work and on Saturday I have spent most of my time outside walking, running and hiking through my neighborhood and the Capitol area of Salt Lake. As I am have been on these treks I have noticed things that just made me happy...well...actually filled me with such joy that I had great difficulty suppressing the grin and even laughter that seemed to be bursting at the seams. And it isn't just outside things that I have found greater enjoyment from...it is anything...so I have decided to list just a few of these...

1-the girl at the iPod store. I was looking for an attachment so I could listen to my iPod in my car. She showed me where they were and then told me that I could find one for about five bucks at Wal-Mart. I will ALWAYS go back to the iPod store...it was like Miracle on 34th Street all over again!

2-the new Old Navy Commercials...especially the most recent one containing some indecent mannequin exposure. I was laughing so hard that I could not breathe when I saw it yesterday. If I had needed to pee at that moment, I would have peed my pants. It is that funny. Just thinking about it right now, I am laughing out loud...in an empty house where everything echos!

3-yesterday as I was traipsing through my neighborhood I saw two kids on a swing...two junior high age kids...laughing like little children on a swing...who probably would never admit to doing that to any of their friends...but it was pure enjoyment watching them. The were so happy...not a care in the world...not worried about all the insanely ridiculous and painful aspects of teenage life...just happy that a childhood swing, hung from a tree, was still there.

4-S----T----R----E-----T----C-----H-----I-----N-----G! I love it. In college when I took a modern dance class we would have stretching days...they were so great...I was so flexible...and now I make a point to do it everyday...usually because I have been running or hiking or walking...but it is just great...I don't know what else to say...I love it. I do.

5-Asparagus...grilled on my grill...it may be the greatest green veggie ever! a tiny bit of butter to keep them from sticking...a little salt a little pepper...perfection! Spring weather heaven!

6-the view of the Salt Lake Valley from the top of 11th Avenue. Those mountains are gorgeous...all snow covered and jagged...b.e.-U-T-FUL! (Yes, I know I forgot the "a")

7-listening to my blaring music in my headphones and singing along as I jog through my neighborhood...without any thought of anyone that I pass along the way...well other than throwing them a smile. People are very friendly in my neck of the woods.

So there you have it folks...seven things that even now as I write about them...fill me with true joy.

2 comments:

simplysarah said...

Hooray!

Some music has been making me seriously happy this week as well. Band of Horses and the Shins. Old favorites, but mmmmmm AWESOME TUNES.

Life is good. ;)

Anya said...

Just reading your post made me relax a little. Does READING about stretching actually count AS stretching? I need to find MORE time. hmmmmm.