Monday, March 2

Diabolical Cough

Ok so I am now about two weeks past 30 and I am still loving it...although I was not aware that turning 30 came with a sinus infection and a diabolical cough that seriously delights in keeping my ALL. NIGHT. LONG! GRR! ARG! Seriously...does anyone have ANY remedies? I am going to see the doctor tomorrow...probably so she can just tell me I have a cold or something. Stupid doctors! But I am desperate to sleep here! Sleep makes you stronger and more able to fight infections...but I CAN'T sleep because I have a cough! PLEASE I AM BEGGING FOR ANY ADVICE!

3 comments:

mattie said...

ok this sounds really weird, but i guess this is a remedy from my great great grandmother and it always works for me! get two washcloths - run one under freezing cold water and wring it out and leave the other one dry. put the cold washcloth on your bare chest and then put the dry washcloth over it. and then sleep like a baby! i'm not sure how it works, but it does. you might wake up to a little coughing, but just run your washcloth under cold water again and you should be good. it is really weird how well it works.

Shelly said...

You're probably better by now, but just in case...I haven't tried this, but I hear Vicks Vaporub will help you sleep without coughing. I've even heard of people who put it on their feet then sleep in socks and that somehow helps!? Who knows. Hope you feel better.

RONNIE said...

Your an idiot for not asking me sooner. .... but here ya go....
sleep proped up
get a humidifier*****
keep a box o tissues close
drink tons o water
drugs
stuff 1/4 a tissue up each nostril and just fall asleep and let them catch all the drippage. ***