Friday, May 8

some quick thoughts about random things

First of all...the greatest candy bar wrapper in the world is the wrapper for the Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar. Seriously...it doesn't get any better than this....It's so simple and pure and looks like what I imagine perfection to resemble. It isn't that I love Hershey's chocolate, or even chocolate in general. I do enjoy chocolate, but it isn't my favorite thing at all...but this wrapper...I'm taking it home to frame it. I love it! So simple.



Second...last night I saw Miss Saigon put on by the Pioneer Theatre Company. It was really great. Kim was wonderful, and Ellen was the best Ellen I have ever seen...and I am not just saying that because I enjoy reading her blog every now and again, she really was that great. "Her or Me"...oh wait...I mean "Now That I've Seen Her" (WHY...why did they change the lyrics) is one of my favorite songs in the show and it was amazing...the emotion with which she sang was so powerful, you could feel it! In fact she was so great, I am tempted to fly to FL to see the debut of Wonderland...not too mention it sounds like a great show. The Engineer was probably the best Engineer I have seen as well (I have seen the show three times now)...in fact I think Jonathan Pryce would be the only person to top last night's Engineer. There were some of the cast members that weren't my favorite, but overall it was a great performance and I was once again reminded of 1) why I love live theatre, especially musicals and 2) why I LOVE Miss Saigon...so beautiful, so gut wrenching...LOVE IT! (Oh and Chris was NOT AT ALL unattractive).


As I was sitting at my desk today I glanced over at my board that holds my desk decor...family photos, pictures of places I'd rather be besides work, you know...just stuff to help me get through the day. I noticed one thing in particular today...this-This is a picture (greeting card) of Luke Skywalker...as many of you may know. My friend Ashely gave it to me as a going away card when I moved from Las Vegas to Salt Lake. On the inside of the card are some very kind words from Ash. Such a wonderful card. I kept it because the words inside mean a lot to me, and because I love Star Wars, I really do. I will admit that Han Solo is my favorite...who doesn't love Harrison Ford, but Luke has such a great emotional journey throughout the trilogy that it is difficult not to love the guy. Plus, he was SUCH a part of my childhood.
There is a quote, as you can see in the picture, that Ashely included in the card as well...a Star Wars quote of course: "Mind what you have learned...Save you it can." What a great note to give someone...wonderful advice. Advice that I keep with me always. It hangs right below the picture of Luke. It was some of the best advice anyone has ever shared with me. I've said this before but Ashely really has been one of the greatest friends I've ever had. Thanks again my friend. You rock the casbah.

3 comments:

mattie said...

I'm jealous you saw Miss Saigon! I wanted to see it soooo bad, but I don't think I'll make it. I'll go see Wonderland with you if you want. I'm down. Now if I just had the money...

Courtney said...

Chocolate art? Love it!

Unknown said...

nex time you come by I should have a pretty cool art project in the works! It involves the wrapper.