Thursday, September 23

Date Night



Tonight I had a date with the best lookin' fella in Salt Lake City. It was an awesome evening...mellow and entertaining...good eats...perfect weather...and the best company I could ask for. Don't believe me...see for yourself:


This is my date. His name is Jonah.


Jonah loved watching all the "fishies"...although he didn't love the "jellies" (jelly fish) and he zero desire to touch the star fish...he was happy to just look.


Finding Nemo...literally.



This picture was totally an accident...I wasn't even looking at the screen...but I think it looks awesome...although I wish I could take some of the light from the flash off his face. but still...a serendipitous photo. He was looking at the sharks and giant sea turtle when I took this.
Looking at a big "fishie"

Pushing this button to hear the noises that frogs make might have been one of the highlights of the evening for Jonah.
Jonah is quite the photographer. He took this one all by himself. We watched the penguins swim and jump in and out of the water for a solid fifteen minutes. He is TWO folks.
I will neither confirm nor deny that this is possibly what we ate for dinner. There is a waffle under there.

We decided to ride "the train" and walked through Temple Square to get there...but ended up taking an hour long detour because Jonah LOVES water and waterfalls ...and there are a LOT of waterfalls and a LOT of water on Temple Square.
Here is the first stop. He loved this "waterfall" and we watched it for a few minutes and of course he had to put his hand in to "touch it".
Playing in "more water"

"Touch it!"
I took this picture while playing in the water and then messed around with the editing tools in iPhoto. I love the moon...but not so much the spots on my lens.



In addition to water he also enjoyed the flowers. Kelli you should be proud...he is a nature lover!
But let's face it...it all comes back to the WATER! In any form. I splashed in that puddle as well.
Riding "the train"...aka Trax. He loved watching all the cars go by.



Seriously! Even with the binky he is the cutest fella' in town! Does life get any better than this? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

I can't decide what the highlight of the night was for me...watching Jonah get startled by the shark as it swan right in front of his face, running away from the "Jellies", all the compliments I got on how cute "my son" is (props to you Mattie and Scottie), snuggling while waiting for "the train"...I think just spending time with Jonah was the highlight...I think he is my favorite person.

I love you Jonah! Thanks for the great date!

8 comments:

mattie said...

the pictures don't work!

ern said...

shoot, about the pics not working cause it sounds adorable. :)

mattie said...

now they work. i love it. he was so excited all night about seeing the fishies and riding the train and seeing the temple. you sure are a great aunt to him!

mattie said...

oh and he is still talking about it today. just barely, he said, "brookie penguins jump out water." so did you get in the pool with the penguins and jump in the water?!

Unknown said...

LOL. While we watched the penguins he kept telling them to jump out of the water. I'm not sure why...I think he just liked seeing them jump out. Because it is kind of cool that they sort of just "jump" out of the water.

kelzone said...

those are the cutest pictures of jonah. we have the cutest nephew ever hands down no argument. and i really like the reflection pic when he's looking at the sharks. will you print it so i can take it on the mish?

kelzone said...

oh, also--yes, i am way proud he is a nature lover. he does have some of me in him after all!

Mom and Kenz said...

Great pictures!!!