Tuesday, March 13

who wants to be a millionaire?

I came across this today- "If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we'd all be millionaires."  It was credited to Abigal Van Buren so I am going to go with that.

It got me thinking a LOT about my experiences.  A millionaire, huh?  I think unknowable-amount-of-money-aire is what I would be.  Let me state right now that I do not think my life is horrible.  I do not think my life is more difficult that other people's lives.  I would assume, perhaps wrongly, but I'm going to assume anyway...that most people would have an endless cash flow if experience could be sold for cash.

I can't sell my experiences, but that doesn't make them valueless.  They are priceless really...even if I could sell them, if that meant giving up the lesson as well, I wouldn't sell them.  I am who I am because of those experiences.  I am not perfect, but I do think that I am so much better off for my experiences...all of them.  I can honestly say that there are some that maybe would only get me a couple bucks...but even those...I don't know if I would want to let them go.  I feel like all experience is worth something.  Even the worst of experiences.  They have somehow added to me, to my character, to the direction of my life...for better or worse.  I think that is what life is though, the better and the worse.

I do not think, by any stretch, that all experience is for the better...but I think that something can be learned in the worse.  I think that maybe I lack regret in my life because I have found something in all of my experiences.  Something made it so, while I can honestly say I am NOT proud of everything I've ever done, I've learned a lesson...am still gleaning lessons from better and worse experiences.  How could I ever give that up?

Someday I am going to stand in front of my Maker and review my book of life over a couple of Mexican Coca Colas (because they are heaven)...and while I will definitely be rushing to show him some things, there will be plenty I will be happy to gloss over.  Yet, those moments, they meant/mean something to me.  They did/do something for/to me.

So while being a millionaire might be fun and allow for some good times...I'll stick with my current cash flow and keep my experience.

No comments: