Tuesday, February 17

...30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30...

Today is my 30th birthday…and I am not going to lie…I am pretty excited! I don’t really know why…but I think it’s because I get to leave my 20’s behind! (I appreciate the sentiment Sarah, but I do not want to be 25 anymore…30 is 30 and that is very ok with me). Not that I did not enjoy my 20’s… I had some great times…but there were some tough times too…(not that those are over by any means) and I am just really excited to see what the next 30 years has for me…good, bad and ugly. Now instead of being in my late twenties I get to say that I am in my early thirties…or just 30! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I really am excited to be getting older…that has never happened before…I mean 16 was pretty exciting…well…eventful… didn’t get my driver’s license that day because Phyllis is a JERK…and my grandma went into the hospital that same day…BUT my very wonderful mother (who incidentally is the greatest person ever, and my hero) threw me a surprise party and it was a blast! But now…I am just happy that I turned 30…like a clean slate or something…I don’t know…my wonderful friend Jen is throwing me a party this weekend…so that is pretty rad (she is right up there on my list of great people…not quite my mom…but definitely not too shabby)

I really do wish I could write something more insightful…but honestly…the best I can do is just say that I am seriously stoked to be turning 30! I really, really am. Last night I was so excited for today that it was like Christmas Eve when you are so excited you can’t sleep! (Except the Russell’s have never had a problem sleeping…even when it comes to Christmas…see here…but you know what I mean). Anyway…I’d just like to say…
“HELLO 30! I welcome you with open arms!”

6 comments:

simplysarah said...

Hooray! The excitement is catching! Happy Bday!!!

Sweet J said...

30 is wicked awesome. As is 32.....plus you can be a cougar...so...there is that.

Anya said...

your braver than me.... 30 is right around the corner and I am FEAR-FUL!

Darla's Diary said...

I love this post! It makes me feel not so terrified of turning 30. Why is it that most people hate "milestone" Birthday's?!?! Especially, 30, 40, 50 etc... Anyway, it's not big deal. It's just a number, and we only get better and smarter and stronger the older we all get! :)

Darla said...

--By the way... This is my real blog address, or link I should say!! Good to see what you are up to. You're so clever!!

Mom and Kenz said...

Happy late! When are we going to lunch?