Monday, June 29

open mouth...insert foot...it's who I am.

When I was in sixth grade at Gray M Sanborn Elementary in Palatine, IL we studied ancient societies...including ancient Egypt. My teacher was AMAZING and we did some pretty cool things, including visit the inside of a pyramid!

One thing we learned was our initials in hieroglyphs. Interestingly enough...or perhaps very telling...my initials are a foot and mouth. I can't remember which is B and which is R...but either way it seems very fitting, as I, on a VERY regular basis, manage to stick my foot in my mouth...and unfortunately for myself, and those around me, not literally. (Although I am pretty sure I can do that too........yep.......I can...gross). Anyway...as this has happened time and time again in my life...from early preteen years, to the oh so formidable teenage years well into my 20's and of course...my roaring 30's. One might think after THREE decades of this nonsense...well perhaps not quite three, but close...one would learn...but I have not. And to those who are caught in the wake of this horrible habit, personality trait, fault, etc... I sincerely apologize. Perhaps you will find comfort...at least a bit, in the fact that it happens multiple times in a mouth and their are multiple casualties...so I'm not singling anyone out. I am trying my best to be better...but I do apologize for past transgressions, as well as those to come!

PS If anyone has some hints...besides thinking before I speak...I am ALL ears...even though that hieroglyph is not part of my name...unfortunately.

No comments: