Saturday, December 25

Happy Christmas


I love this picture. It is from Carl Bloch.
Christ healing the sick at the pool of Bethesda. My good friend Cali opened my eyes to this painting and it has been one of my favorites ever since. I think it is such a perfect representation of how Christ lived his life...how I would like to always live mine.

I borrowed the quote found below from my friend Lindsay's blog.
(thanks friend)


"Christmas is a time for remembering the Son of God and renewing our determination to take upon us His name. It is a time to reassess our lives and examine our thoughts, feelings, and actions. Let this be a time of remembrance, of gratitude, and a time of forgiveness. Let it be a time to ponder the Atonement of Jesus Christ and its meaning for each of us personally. Let it especially be a time of renewal and recommitment to live by the word of God and to obey His commandments. By doing this, we honor Him far more than we ever could with lights, gifts, or parties."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf (he really is the rock star of apostles)

1 comment:

Cali said...

Love that painting- and LOVE you! Merry Christmas.