Thursday, December 23

Why I love the Christmas season

1. the weather...even if it is raining.  however...I do really miss the sun...a lot, a lot.
2. Christmas Lights
3. people tend to be a bit kinder
4. I'm reminded of how much I love to color. 
(there is nothing like putting in a good movie and coloring...seriously)
5. Shopping for Christmas gifts.  There is almost no better high than finding the perfect gift for someone. (although I'm of the belief that if you find the perfect gift...Christmas or not...you just buy it)
6. The United States Post Office.  I love how crowded it is...it makes for great people watching. 
7. this is a new one for this year, but I've really enjoyed coming home everyday to Christmas music playing...even if no one is home.  
8. the old school light up snowman by our front door.
9. having Christmas Eve, Eve (aka Christmas Adam...to be know from here on out as our family winter solstice celebration)
10. winter clothes.

You may notice that I haven't mentioned anything about the birth of the Savior...well he wasn't born in December...ha ha ha.  But seriously folks.  I am grateful for the birth of Jesus Christ and his life.  The life he lived is the example that I strive to live up to and I am grateful for his atonement for those moments that I don't quite live up to that.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 comment:

Clark and Katie said...

Love the list Brooke. And I love the winter Sostice celebration...way to spice things up a little!