Tuesday, December 28

A somewhat personal "Weekly Random Question"

Is it possible...is that the word I'm looking for? I don't know...perhaps I should explain the scenario and then you can tell me what the right word is.

Once upon a time I made a decision. It was a very painful decision. It was also the right decision...as in "Choose the right when a choice is placed before you..." But so often I regret making that right decision. Is that right, the regret part I mean? Is that possible? Can you actually regret a decision that was CTR right? Perhaps "regret" is the wrong word? But I know, unfortunately, what regret feels like...and this is regret. As I said...I don't constantly feel regret for the decision...but it is there...often.

Does this mean that I don't really have a desire to be a good person? Does this mean that I'd rather make wrong decisions in my life to satisfy my immediate desires for happiness? I think we all want that sometimes...more than sometimes...speaking for myself of course. Instant gratification, well, I don't think I would call it instant...perhaps..."not eternal" gratification is what I often desire...because sometimes the gratification is a little more than 55 second microwave cake. (which is awesome by the way).

So what do I do with this regret? I feel it and then move on and hope it goes away. And have faith that there will be a day that I will rejoice in the right decision that I made. I will know without any doubt whatsoever that it was the right decision and I will feel how right it was and regret will be something of which I have zero concept.

3 comments:

Amy Bolyard said...

I like you. A lot.

Unknown said...

Thanks Amy. I like you a lot too.

Here is a response that I received to this post via text message: "You don't really regret it. It's just hard and seems sad and doesn't feel good sometimes (meaning the CTR right decision), but that doesn't equal regret."

Mom and Kenz said...

After reading this post I know you already know the answer to this.

You focus on the "faith that there will be a day that I will rejoice in teh right decision that I made. I will know without any doubt whatsoever that it was the right decision..."