Thursday, September 8

It's such a good feeling to know you're alive...

It is such a good feeling to know I'm alive...and I definitely know I am alive after this trip to Oregon...whether it was my conversations with Megan or Kim or Lobster Fest with family or the awesomeness of nature...most likely a combination of all of the above...I realized that I am definitely alive.  Alive and really full of gratitude for my life...grateful to a Father in Heaven who has given me my life.  He and I may not always see eye to eye on things and sometimes we get in fights...but it is in moments like the ones documented in the pictures in the posts below...standing at Wahkeena falls, watching the sun set over the Columbia River Gorge, standing on the beach watching the waves roll in, laughing hysterically, listening to monks chant...in all of those moments...I felt alive and full of the goodness that is in the world...my gratitude was inexpressible...it still is. I don't really know any words better than the ones that I have not so articulately used above.

Perhaps The Brothers Karamazov can help:

Brothers, have no fear of men's sin. Love a man even in his sin. For that is the semblance of Divine Love and is the highest love on earth.  Love all God's creation, the whole and every grain of sand in it.  Love every leaf, every ray of God's light.  Love the animals, love the plants, love everything.  If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things.

2 comments:

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

So glad we made a cyber-connection :) I swear I stumbled onto your blog AGES ago and commented but it might have been an old one I found via Jessi's blog. And it was a really long time ago. Anyhow, now I can keep up with you this way. How fun!

Anonymous said...

Love this post.