Monday, September 5

my life at the moment...

As (some of) you may (or may not) know, I am in Portland Oregon.  Lake Oswego, Oregon actually.  No, I am not moving here...although I am TEMPTED...VERY. VERY. TEMPTED.
I have been having an absolute fantastic time.  In fact I would dare say that it has been somewhat of, what I would call a perfect vacation.
It has been relaxing.  
There has been (almost) non-stop laughter. (That is not an exaggeration.)
The food has been A-MAZING.  EVERY. DAY.
french pastries.  fresh fruits and veggies. burritos. bratwurst. french toast w/ buttermilk syrup. cheesy potatoes. honey mustard chicken (a new favorite). cedar plank salmon.  Panda cookies.
I got a haircut.
I have seen many gorgeous waterfalls.
There has been hiking.
There has been beautiful sunsets.
Lobster Fest in Woodland, WA.
Endless conversations about the ins and outs of life.
sleep.
reading.

All of that and I still have three more days!  Here are a few photos so far...



Horsetail Falls-near the Columbia River Gorge


Multnomah Falls

Wahkeena Falls (this was my favorite of the falls at the Columbia River Gorge.  And tied for first with Lower South Falls at Silver Falls State Park)

Wahkeena Falls

Sunset over the Columbia River

Sunset at Columbia River Gorge

tree farm in Silverton, OR just outside Silver Falls State Park
I think I might want to run a tree farm one day.

South Falls 
Silver Creek

Lower South Falls.
This is also where I've decided to live.

and Lower South Falls again.  I LOVE IT.

We went to an Abbey.  We heard monks chant.  And took in some spectacular views.  This does not do it any sort of justice.  Especially not justice for the chanting monks.  Truly one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard.

So there you have it...so far!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's pretty freakin awesome