Saturday, October 8

32 Going on 13!!

Today I took a 20 mile bike ride.  I rode out to The Great Saltair with my friend Mary.  Mary is one of my oldest friends.  We've been friends since we were 11 probably.  We lived in Palatine, IL and were great friends.  One of the MANY fantastic things about growing up in Palatine, IL is that there was a great bike trail that ran all over the place.  One of my most favorite things to do was go riding with my friends on the bike trails.  The were pretty flat for the most part (IL is pretty flat) and there were nicely paved and we went the back way through neighborhoods and even through a forest preserve.

Today as Mary and I were on our ride we were both chuckling about the fact that we will forever be 13 together...well technically 13/14...Mary is older :)  We still laugh ALL THE TIME when we are together.   It is one of my happiest moments in life when I am laughing with Mary.  I love getting her to crack up to the point she cannot breath...it is an ego boost for me...plus it is hilarious.  Anyway...the bike ride was filled with great conversation and a LOT of laughing.  As we were riding we both felt like we were back in Palatine, riding on the bike trail, just chatting away.  Not in any particular hurry...just enjoying the journey so to speak...although certain parts of my body did not so much enjoy the journey...including the dead creepy looking snake and the PILE, yes, PILE of dead chickens sitting on the side of the road.  It was a true 13 year old adventure and I loved every minute of it...even when parts of my body didn't.


Gorgeous day on the lake for boating!


Antelope Island from Saltair

The Great Saltair!


amazing that it is blue skies over the lake and gray skies over the mountains on the other side of the road...oh wait...we're in Utah.


Bright orange marshes


So right below the bottom of this photo is a creepy looking HUGE dead snake...I took FOUR shots of the snake just to make sure I caught it on (my injured list) camera...not a single one turned out.  Though the yellow flower is kind of pretty...


Another unsuccessful snake photo attempt.


Headless dead chicken in the road...and oh wait...what is that just the the left of Mary's tire...


A PILE OF DEAD CHICKENS...some headless some not....

Very odd...


It was a fantastic ride and we plan to do it again next Saturday!

I LOVE BEING 13 AGAIN!!!!

No comments: