Sunday, November 18

It is November after all.

Lately I've been thinking a great deal about the seemingly endless number of blessings I have in my life...it is November after all.  And while mentioning things I am thankful for might seem cliche this month, it is not without merit.  I have been working especially hard these last two and half months to get to a happy place in my life.  A place that I haven't been in a long while.  There are a myriad of things that I have been focusing on in order to get to this place.  One focal point, as of late...as of always actually, but especially lately...has been my close friends and family.  Whether it is spending time with them or just acknowledging to myself their influence in my life.  I am often overwhelmed with pure joy after spending an evening with a great friend or family members.

I was driving in the car the other day listening to my iPod (of which I am EXTREMELY grateful for) and Knock Knock by Lenka came on. It has always been a favorite of mine.  The catchy tune and the lyrics.  For whatever reason, on this particular day, the lyrics really stood out to me.  As I listened to them, I thought back over the last couple months and images of my family and some of my dearest friends came to mind.  In these last couple months, as I've worked to be truly happy and joyful, these people have played such an integral part in my efforts.  Whether I have been in their physical proximity, shared a phone call, a chat via text or IM (technology is amazing), or reread thoughts they have shared in the past...they have all contributed to me being at this ridiculously happy place I have found myself in lately.  I wish I had pictures of everyone who has brought me to this happy place, but unfortunately I do not.  But I hope that even if you don't find a picture of yourself in this compilation, you will not doubt the contribution that you have made to the awesomeness that is me!



3 comments:

Mom and Kenz said...

so cute... I love all of the pictures. Especially the old ones. I need to get all of those from you. So glad you have the one of me and you on the steps... and some cruise pics. I'm really missing the cruise right now!

Cali said...

So good! Love the post-- love the song-- and love the video!!

Unknown said...

Love the video. LM XO