Wednesday, June 27

can we say "double standard"

The only person that has ever hated me is Jessica (can't remember her last name). I was in 7th or 8th grade...can't remember...no it was 7th...it was on my way the a class with Mr. Seely...greatest teacher...taught me to love diet Coke, and the Cubs...we would listen to the games in the spring on his AM radio in the classroom. We purposely would get detention with him because he would buy us a soda...and John Lindsay ALWAYS had detention and his mom would send him with Dunkin Donuts...anyway...back to Jessica...

I should give you all a frame of reference from which you can read this story. I had spent my life...up to that point...knowing that everyone liked me...and that most of them...if not all of them LOVED me. That is not to say that I loved, or even liked all of them...but they didn't know that...and they had no good reason not to like me...so now the story...

We were walking to class, and I was with Stephanie Thomas, and Jessica was walking near us...I don't remember exactly what was said (because in junior high my dad threw away my journals...not out of malice...it was accident...that is another story)...so we're walking to class, and Jessica...out of the blue...according to my EXTREMELY tainted memory...told me that she didn't like me, and didn't really think I was as cool as I thought I was. Crushed...that is all I can say...I...was...crushed...destroyed...SHE DIDN'T LIKE ME?! EVERYONE LIKED ME?! What was she smoking? Of course I didn't like her...but that isn't the point...I have NEVER given anyone a reason not to like...nay...love me!!! I'm Brooke Lee Russell for crying out loud!!

I don't even remember how the rest of the day went, but when I got home I immediately told my mom what had happened...now here is the part that she should really write...maybe I'll ask her to guest blog...but from her memory she thought it was pretty funny...she was astounded that I truly believed everyone else I had ever met to this point liked me...now in my defense...I really think they did...(including Becky...whose last name I will withhold...who use to kick my shins under my desk in fourth grade). Why wouldn't someone like me? Of course...my mom still has a good eye roll today because other than Jessica Whatshername I don't know of anyone else that doesn't love me...Jamie Krahenbuhl (can someone from Vegas tell me how to spell her last name...thank you Aja...do you think she'll be mad that her name is on here...should I delete it)? didn't like me either, but we over came that and parted on great terms...someday I will buy some of her art work.

I still hope that someday I will run into her, and we can make up and be friends...well at least make up so she likes me...because her dislike of me is really tarnishing my perfect record!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any evidence that this actually happened? I can't imagine anyone not liking Brookie and it is pretty coincidental that everything is destroyed!

Unknown said...

all evidence is NOT destroyed...I will have my mom type up her version and I will post it...and next time I see you I will show you my year book, and I will find Jessica Whatshername...and figure out her real last name.

Anonymous said...

the brookinator.

Unknown said...

anonymous: my name is spelled with an e...B-r-o-o-k-e.