Monday, June 25

the simple things

Oreos and milk
pink bubble gum
cotton candy bubble gum
the sunset
waves crashing
freshly cut grass
breakfast at midnight with Jill
hearing a song I love on the radio
an email from a friend
riding the T
a favorite hymn in church
microway popcorn with honey and peanut butter m&m's
a front porch
lighting on a summer evening with out rain
the smell of rain on the pavement
a summer thunderstorm
Downtown Crossing
Boston Common
the grassy knoll with Sara
Highway 12
shorts and t-shirts
jeans and flip flops
hammocks
a Sunday afternoon nap
Sunday evenings on the porch with my family after dinner
a spicy McChicken
a cheeseburger Happy Meal
a starry night
unwelcomed hugs from Jessi
the Twin Falls County Fair
my bed
driving home from work; stuck in traffic
my sunroof
Sunday dinner water fights at Grandma's
dinner at Kitty Pappa's
a good book
head phones on the beach
waiting for a flight at the airport
flying by myself
a walk
Oh Fudge Shake w/ Oreo's from Cold Stone
a bookstore
the smell of a new book
a good dictionary
coffee cake muffin from Duncan Donuts
swimming at 2:00am with Mary
the owner of Cold Stone remembering me
talking with a good friend til 4:00am
freckles
painting my nails an unBrooke color
a Slurpee and a car wash from Slim Olsen's
playing Little House on the Prairie with Scott, Kelli, and Kerri
Nielsen's custard
Diary Queen
cotton candy ice cream from Baskin Robbins
fish Taco Tuesdays at Rubio's
Connie's Pizza
a midnight drive up the canyon
watching the lighting while sitting on Aja's back porch
driving on Kam Highway with the windows down
Hawaii
grilled veggies
yellow cake with chocolate frosting
driving in Logan
walking to the Logan Temple from the other side of town with Cali
chips and salsa
McDonald's vanilla cone
expounding and expanding with Emelia Jonez-Evans
peanuts and National Geographic Pursuit on a summer's evening
popcorn, hot chocolate, and National Geographic Pursuit on a winter's evening
Christmas Eve dinner on the floor
hot tubs in the winter
Cedar City
cheap rentals at Top Hat Video
riding the bus
the sunset from my grandpa's hill
sleeping on the trampoline
orange soda
the Montero
Oreos and salsa-not kidding!
watching SNL in the early 90's with the Manwarings
chocolate covered pretzels
a great hug
a good joke
outdoor concerts
happy hour at Ah Sushi
driving to Cedar City
Zion National Park when its pouring rain
Orderville
Kanab
Boulder, UT
my scriptures
the kiss in Last of the Mohicans
driving with the windows down



4 comments:

A and J said...

i'm flattered that i made at least two of these! i'll tell mary to check it to. when are we sushi-ing again in st. george? say some prayers for mary--her baby's breech and kade needs a raise. love it when you blog!

A and J said...

i meant "too", not "to"

Unknown said...

glad you love the blogging...its a great release...and makes for a good outline for my memoir. tell Mary I love her and I'm definitely praying for her! I'll be down in a week and half...do you have a place for me to stay?

Anonymous said...

I love it! This is great! I can agree with you on about 49 of those, some of them I have never experienced so it could be more once I do, but a couple . . . I think you know which ones they are . . . I totally disagree on :) . . . McDonalds is GROSS!