Monday, March 31

A little side note..and somewhat personal: 365 GREAT DAYS

So my friend Courtney is getting married in May. I am pretty excited about that...although...it is always hard when friends get married...seeing as I have been relinquished to a life of singlehood...for now anyway :) It's been quite a while since I've had such a good friend take the plunge and I am reminded that things change...but with that change...comes other good times to look forward too...I mean...some of my happiest memories are hearing Melissa, and Josie, and Sara, and Jessi and Cali tell me they are pregnant...wow...I am really behind...I need to get on the kids thing...I guess a husband would be a good first step...any takers?! (please just post your phone numbers in the comments section)!

Anyway...I just wanted to take a few lines and well...pretty much embarrass my friend who has come to be known to me as Freckles...much to her dismay...although she likes it better than her original nickname of "kiddo"...I can't imagine why she hated that one!

Court is one of those people that comes along once every few...oh I don't know...thousand years...she really is 1 in 6.7 billion and some odd and still counting. (when she was born she was 1 in 4.9 billion and something...information courtesy of http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop) I will be grateful everyday that that of the 6.7 billion some odd folks on earth we managed to bump into one another. I remember the day very clearly...in fact in was on a Monday...just like today...one year ago...(April 2nd to be exact). And I will spare all of you from the boring details...but suffice to say...it was friendship at first sight.

My point in even mentioning this...is A)well...she is DEFINITELY WORTH MENTIONING and B) I really, truly hope that people find each other in this world. Life is tough...and without others to enjoy it with...it would be ten times worse...probably more than ten times.

I have mentioned my friends on my blog before...and so most of you know how important they are to me. They have done so much to shape my life. So to all of you, thank you...but most especially today...to Courtney Nichole Ruttenbur...I just want to say thanks. You truly are my best.


4 comments:

mattie said...

I'm not going to lie, I was a little frightened when someone named Arnold commented on my blog...twice. But I was glad to see it was you instead and that you're not a creepy man who is stalking me. Thanks for the updates!

~AliSa~ said...

Hey Brooke thanks for letting me know your new blog! I love reading it and hope that everything is going good with you!

kelzone said...

guess what? i got a blog! if you have an recommendations for it please let me know...or leave it on my blog! ha ha ha (develish laugh)...and i linked your blog to mine! p.s. I LOVE COURTNEY!! congrats! is she getting a new claddaugh ring for her wedding? that's the kind of ring i want for my wedding now

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brookie, you aren't too shabby of a friend yourself! :) I consider myself very lucky to be your friend, you are a great person with so much to offer the world. I am grateful that I can be a receiver of that. Thank you for everything!