Tuesday, April 15

The true story of Brookie Benatar and her shattered shoe

So Friday night I hosted a little party for two of my friends who are getting married in May-Courtney and Melanie. The night started off pretty mellow. Court and I drove up to my family's cabin with my sister Kelli...that is always a good time hanging with those two. Kelli is the bomb.com...check out her blog! Anyway...we arrived and Court and Kelli and I made signs so people would not get lost...guess those signs were all for not...RONNIE!!!...but that comes later in the story.
The really are adorable.

As the guests arrived we of course enduldged in all the goodies that were there...pizza, Oreos, Twizzlers...then a phone call...from my great friend Ronnie...she was lost...not too far from the cabin...I could hear her yelling. She and Mel had gotten stuck in the mud because they did not turn left. So Jill and Courtney and I drove my car down to Ronnie's car...less than a quarter mile from the cabin...and there was Ronnies car...stuck in the mud! Ronnie thought we should dig it out...but come on! Between Jill, Court and I...we had the muscle to push it out! At least that was the plan from yours truly...so we did indeed push it out...



Ah...Ronnie's a cute kid...isn't she!?



...and well...here is what happened to Brookie and her shoe...


well...for all those of you who were waiting for the mud wrestling...here you go!!



Oh and here we have Jill laughing at our shoeless friend Brookie...isn't she just the sweet! No where is my damn shoe!?

OH...THERE IS IT!!!




Now...a barefoot Brookie (but in possession of her favorite shoes) had to walk back to the cabin...less than a quarter mile...not so rough...except when it is very cold...you can't feel your hands, or your right foot..or was it my left...and well...the road is rocky...and even though I couldn't feel my feet...my feet could feel the rocks...I know...doesn't this sound like such a sob story? Well I didn't cry...I fell...and I cut my hand up pretty good...but it is healing nicely. And truly...it was hilarious! I had to strip down at the front door...and my poor shoes! :( Oh well...if I ever had any dignity...it is ALL GONE. I mean I love my friends...but stripping down to your unmentionables and walking through the living room...well...that removes any teeny tiny bit I may have had. Ah well...good times!


PART II


The Story of Shattered Glass and Pat Benatar

So now we have made it to Saturday morning...and Brookie and Court and Kell Bell are on their way back down the mountain to face reality. Just a little back ground...last summer a nice young man backed into my car causing some serious damage to my driver's side door and window...it was fixed by the wonderful people at Bountiful Collision...anyway...the window was still a bit wonky, but after going back twice I figured it was good...well...I was wrong...it remained wonky and unfortunately went really wonky on Saturday morning.

In an attempt to roll up the window it came off it's track. So I was resigned to driving down Provo Canyon and all the way back to Salt Lake on I-15 with the window not quite all the way up...now I am one who is all for windows down...but I like them ALL the way down...none of this half assed stuff! Well...needless to say...I got my wish :)

The Champ's driver side window!



As my three favorite chics from Texas say..."But I've always found my way somehowBy taking the long way"...Or...maybe just the hard way in this case. This was a result of my letting Court's advice to "be gentle" fall on my deaf ears...or at least waxed filled...yeah...that's it...I didn't hear her! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

So here I am driving down Provo canyon in barefeet because my shoes are caked in dried mud...also known as dirt...glass on the floor, seat and everywhere else of my car...did I want to cry...yes...yes I did. Did I cry? Hell no!....I did what any shoeless, windowless girl would do...I turned on Pat Benatar and tempted fate to "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" all the way down the cabin and into Provo.









4 comments:

ern said...

ok, i am still laughing about BOTH of those stories. this stuff only happens to you, brooke. seriously. :) i was also reminded of another road trip... to the hot springs... and how we almost lost the CAR DOOR. heh-heh. good times.

kelzone said...

solid story...will you e-mail me those pictures? guess what, i move home in less than a week and i will be half in your ward! see you soon!

~AliSa~ said...

LOL...okay so I am seriously dying laughing right now. You and that car have some amazing stories. I also love that you fell in the mud and then lost one of your shoes in it!

Mom and Kenz said...

Good story Brooke -- I didn't ever hear about that one!