Thursday, September 17

Red Lobster virgin...NOT ANYMORE!!!!



PREFACE:
my mom told me that I have been to Red Lobster before, but I have no recollection, so I am considering my visit on May 3, 2008 my first visit.

PREFACE TWO: This even happened over a year ago and for some reason, the post never made it to the blog...so my apologies to Sweet Alice for this mistake...as it was one of my most favorite evenings out with Alice EVER!

So on May 3 2008 I made my inaugural visit to Red Lobster. It was definitely the best inaugural visit EVER! First of all...I was with Alice and that is ALWAYS a most excellent time when Alice and Arnold hit the town.

The night as far as my mood did not start out the best...at least for me...but I was just not in a great mood. Alice dragged me to Ben's Cookies. As you may know Saturday night at the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake is the BEST TIME EVER to be driving in your car. Anyway...we drove around looking for a parking garage that was not full. We attempted to pull into one and a man began yelling "WATCH THE WAND...YOU CAN'T COME IN HERE" We laughed but honestly it was all either of us could do to keep from swearing at the guy...I believe that Alice did tell him to chill out, but other than that we just backed out of the driveway and made our way to Ben's Cookie's.

Then it was off...far, far away from the Gateway. Alice wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory, but the wait was almost two hours, and frankly...neither of us are very pleasant when we're hungry. So she gave me a list of other options and I chose Red Lobster as I had never been before and it was just across the way from where we were.

Thus began one of my favorite dinning experiences ever.

1st: As we were sitting in the entrance waiting for our table two boys and a father looking fellow walked out. A spring in their steps and satisfied looks on their faces. Obviously, they had been fed well. The older of the two boys was chattering on delightedly and removed any doubt we may have had about the enjoyment of their meal when he said, "That was the BEST crab I have ever tasted!" I bit my lower...it was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud. Jen and I were clutching out sides with suppressed laughter...apparently he has only spent time in land-locked state...or at least never visited a more reputable seafood establishment.


2nd: As I was devouring, yes, devouring my crab legs...that were NOT the best I've ever had, but not too shabby....I was cracking one open and a piece of shell went flying and hit Alice right in the eye. I could not have planned it better. We were laughing so hard, and it was right in sync with the direction of the night.

3rd: Finally our evening came to an end. Jen said that I should document the occasion with a photo of the sign, and I commented that "It's just a restaurant" Boy was I WRONG! A man and his wife who were in the parking lot smoking an after dinner cigarette hear my comment...the rather burly, tank top wearing man looked at me in what was shock and awe sprinkled with a bit of disgust and replied very seriously "Red Lobster is not just a restaurant, it is an experience." I can't remember if Jen and I held our laughter...oh wait...we didn't have to...we were so taken aback by the seriousness of his comment that we just stared at him as we walked to our car. When we got into the car we burst into laughter and tears.

It was such a great "first time". For sure one of the best I've had!!

1 comment:

Sweet J said...

I did tell that guy to chill out.

Great Great Night

All for cookies for Ed