Tuesday, September 1

Done and gone.

Yesterday, August 31st was my last day at Beneficial Financial Group. Unemployment here I come! Just kidding...well, I will be unemployed, at least for a little while...but do not fear...there is a plan. :) The first part of the plan includes a trip to Yuma, AZ (yes, it is hot, but for long, lost best ever friends, who've once again been found, it is worth it...right?...just kidding Jess...TOTALLY WORTH IT...PEEING MY PANTS WITH EXCITEMENT)!

Moving on...sorry...the second part of the plan includes finding a part time job, with IHC...because...(third part of the plan)...I am going to nursing school!!! I am going to start my pre-reqs at SLCC in January, hopefully I only have one semester of pre-reqs, and then apply for entrance to the nursing program. Can I just tell you that I am SOOOOOOO excited for nursing school! I really, really am...which is not the best articulation...it's probably a good thing I didn't major in English. Anyway...that is pretty much the update of my life. I enjoyed a day of sleeping in...although I was wide awake at 6:00am...and if that is the case tomorrow that will be just fine...I just really wanted to sleep in today...so I went back to bed until 9:30!

I think the thing I am most happy about is that I can get things done...things I want to do and I don't have work to get in the way :) Unfortunately without work I will get all of these things done in much less time and will be extremely bored...that is the theory anyway...possibly not what will actually happen...we shall see.

I will say this about my time at Beneficial...though I may not have always enjoyed the work I was doing...I ALWAYS enjoyed the people I was working with...they really did make my job worth it, enjoyable, and on those really rough days, bearable...so to all of my co-workers...I would like to say thank you for making the last three and half years worth while...and a special thank you to all those who were so patient with me in the morning when I was ornery! :)

4 comments:

Kel said...

You will be a wonderful nurse! When are you going to Yuma? I am coming to UT next week - we should get together!

Holly said...

I think that's awesome! I think that's a perfect career choice for you!

Kristina said...

Wow! That's awesome! You'll do great and the schooling will be over before you know it too! SO excited for you!!!!

Anya said...

That is so exciting- now your unemployed comment on facebook makes sense!