Saturday, February 7

(Not so) Rant: part two

Ok so the other day I ranted for a bit...and those things all still bother me...but I decided it might be nice to also write about a few things that I do like.

Oh, but before I start...PLEASE, PLEASE take a look at this...This is for my friend Erin...mostly because she rocks the kasbah and I would love to see her continue her travels...and now back to your regularly scheduled program...

#1: going to dinner with Shorts on Friday nights...it is an unofficial standing "date" each Friday. We try to go somewhere new as often as possible, but last night we went to Red Robin. It is always good to hang out with Shorts on Friday...it is the end of the week...beginning of the weekend and a time to just vent, and relax.

#2: going to Coffebreak with Jill at 10:30 at night. Since we have been friends our friendship has generally taken place in the wee small hours of the morning...the first time we talked it was until 4:00am...and breakfast at midnight is a very regular thing for us...in fact last night after we left Coffeebreak we headed over to Village Inn, and as usual on a Friday night there were some very entertaining characters.

#3: hats...winter hats...I love winter hats. I think that each winter I acquire a new one and I love all of them...unfortunately it makes it difficult to know which one to wear...

#4: my SUU basketball shorts a long sleeve t-shirt under a t-shirt a winter hate and tie-dyed yellow socks that go to my knees and being wrapped up in my fleece Woods Cross blanket that my mom gave me for my birthday...curled up on my over sized chair...reading, watching a movie, or writing....it is just great and comfortable...the chair and the over sized chair.

#5: making Risotto...last winter Courtney taught me how to make it (that night was great...the guy at the liquor store thought we were both about 18 years old)...on a chilly winter evening it was one of my most favorite things to make...making it is relaxing...it takes a while...but all the chopping and smells and stirring...I don't know...it is just really relaxing.

Well there you go...I am sure more will come later.

1 comment:

ern said...

YOU ARE SO TOTALLY WICKED! thanks so much for the shout-out on your blog! every little bit helps, you know? i know it's a long-shot, but a girl can dream, can't she???

by the way, i also LOVE winter hats and miss wearing them. and sweaters. and all my pants. and boots. and scarves. but it's all worth it when i can wear sandals 365-a-year.