Monday, February 2

Rants

So blogs are often times used for ranting...so here are a few things I have been frustrated with recently...

1. People who talk really, REALLY loud on their cell phone in public places. I know I am talk loud, but I try very hard to not talk at all, or at least loud in a public place...Example: Saturday I was at the Broadway theatre waiting for The Wrestler to start. A gentleman walks in, sits down, whips out his phone and leaves a voicemail for whomever he is meeting. Two minutes go by...he/she has not shown up...pulls out his phone, leaves another VERY LOUD voice mail....two MORE minutes...ANOTHER VERY LOUD MESSAGE! We get it sir! You are not comfortable sitting alone in a theatre by yourself. I happen to enjoy movies by myself...incidentally...his friend/girlfriend/wife did finally show up...AFTER the previews had started.

2. All the untrue, ridiculous statements, as well as the rude, cruel, and hurtful statements made, or posted, regarding the LDS church and its membership. I am totally ok with the fact that the whole world does not believe as I do. But what really gets under my skin is the anger, or disrespect shown to the LDS church as a whole, as well as individual members. Everyone has their faith...whether they believe in a God, gods, nature, or even just themselves. I don't have a problem with that...I don't go around posting hurtful things...if anything I have always been fascinated with other religions, or belief systems. I understand that the things my religion teaches, and believes does not always coincide with the majority, or the mainstream...and sometimes it does...but regardless...please feel free to disagree with me, and my beliefs, but please don't be hurtful. I do understand that in light of recent issues it could be said that my beliefs are hurtful to others. But I could turn that conversation around on just about anyone and anything.

3. Customers who treat those helping them, be it in the grocery store, the movie theatre, a restaurant, etc...like they are less than them. YES...they are serving you, but they are by NO MEANS below you...in fact...they are SERVING YOU...show some gratitude...and not just in a tip. Just be a nice person. GEEZ! Say thank you to the cashier at the grocery store, to the bagger, to the bus driver, the cashier at REI...whoever...just be polite.

4. I know there was another one...but I am drawing a blank right now. So I will stop...it obviously did not bother me all that much.

Thanks for this moment to vent...COMING SOON...RUSSELL FAMILY VACATION: WINTER EDITION.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I so agree with all those statements! A couple of nights ago I was at Winegars late at night, and the lady in front of me was buying $300 worth of junk food for the Super Bowl. The whole time she was outright rude to the cashier who was a very nice kid and continued to be polite to her the whole time and then to me after. In the parking lot I saw her loading all her groceries into her fancy red sports car, with her designer purse, hair, and clothes, and I couldn't help but think of the irony.

No amount of style or fashion can make a rude or cruel person look beautiful.

And now I too have used your blog as a ranting forum. :)