Friday, October 30

I don't know why...but it STILL bothers me...

that many, many moons ago (2003 to be exact) the Dixie Chicks were ostracized for the following comment: "Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas." I understand that the political climate was vastly different than it is now and that they said in London but imagine if they had made that comment just two years ago...

I'm not a political person. I vote because it is a right and civic duty, but I don't often have strong feelings regarding out political leaders...I didn't have strong feelings about W, and I don't have strong feelings about Obama...but I DO have strong feelings about the Dixie Chicks...I'm not even sure why, since I don't love country all that much...but it just seems so ridiculous to me that these things happened to them...so unfair...and I AM a fan of justice...I do know you reap what you sew and you have to pay the piper, etc...but what happened to them was so extreme and as I sat here listening to Taking the Long Way, I could not help but get irritated all over again.

I realize this was a random outburst, but still after all these years, it really frosts my cookies!


4 comments:

aubry. said...

thank goodness, though... because one of the best albums ever{ever, ever, ever} came because of it.

Mom and Kenz said...

Wow... where did that come from. You make me laugh.

Unknown said...

Aubry...so so true...Steph...it has always irritated me that people got so up in arms and EVERY TIME I listen to that album I get so fired up!

mattie said...

broke...you should probably just get over it. jk. that's a line from the song and i just heard you listening to it.