Wednesday, March 14

Get Shorty

So Monday night I offered to return a movie for my mom, so she wouldn't have ANOTHER day of late fees...unfortunately I spaced my good intention and didn't get to the video store before 7:00pm...which is when they start assessing late fees. So after FHE (Family Home Evening) was over I snagged my friend Shorty (who's real name is Christine...she is 4'11") and she came with me to the store. It was a warm evening, and I have a sun roof...which is the pride and joy of my car....seriously...when it was stolen last summer all I could think about was the fact that I would probably not get another car with a sun roof for the price I got this one...incidentally the car was found...anyway...I love driving with it open...even in the winter. We pulled into the video store and I left the sun roof open...we were only going in for a few minutes...We walked into Top Hat (BEST VIDEO STORE EVER) and I realized I had no cash, nor my debit card...luckily I have a pre-paid account, and since I'm such a loyal customer they let me use my pre-paid account...$1.33 worth...to pay for $6.00 of late fees...loyalty ALWAYS pays off...literally! Then Shorty and I looked around for a minute and argued about the movie/book Flowers in the Attic. Then we left.

As we were walking out I stuck my hand in my pocket to get keys...unfortunately, I found my pockets sans keys! Immediately I knew I had locked them in the car, however, to humour Shorty...(who is going to make some smart remark, when she reads this, about my condescending attitude to humour her)...because she peaked in the car and said she couldn't see them...I walked back into the store and asked if I left them on the counter and checked the shelves we had been standing by. No keys. There was only one thing to do...Shorty had to climb in through the sun roof...which was serendipitously open...and unlock the car from the inside...She's the perfect size...Definitely someone that you always want to have in your back pocket...like a trusty Swiss army knife, or Leatherman! She did just that...climbed up the trunk...got a bit nervous on the roof...I assured her that, I myself had sat on the roof...and I'm like three Shortys...she was fine...and then she slide right down into the car, and unlocked the door...Sure enough...there were my keys...in the ignition! To happy accidents and pocket size friends.

Addendum: So that Shorty will still be my friend...she is actually 4'11 & 3/4"...still short enough to have a handicapped sticker