Wednesday, March 21

Knock Around Girl

My day to day activities and events are typically reserved for my own private journal...as are some of my deepest, darkest secrets (well...my journal)...but my thoughts about things around me can be found here...however...sometimes, something happens that needs to be shared (case in point Get Shorty)...last night's events...well one in particular...is worth sharing with all of cyber space.

The evening began as mellow and calm as any other. I had dinner plans with friends (Shorty, Sliced Bread, Alisa, and Ronnie)...Happy Sumo...after an eventful dinner...which included me spilling soy sauce on every one's debit card...except mine...funny how that works...we went over to Ben's Cookies...Alisa parted ways with us (which she now says is a good thing...because of what happened)...we bought our cookies (after much trauma...all because Shorty wants to be efficient) and sat out side to enjoy a cool spring evening. So here we are...the four of us...at a table...discussing the dating habits of guys (well one guy) that we know. Ronnie casually says..."It looks like we've got ourselves a streaker." Well of course we're all going to look up. Which of course we did. And what we saw...it was not a streaker...in fact I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that what appeared in front of us, coming at full speed down the side walk...was far, FAR worse than seeing a streaker. It appeared that a young girl...early twenties...was running at her top speed, without a shirt...or bra on! I let you take a minute to get a visual...do you have it? Ok great...moving on. Shorty, Sliced Bread, and I all looked at the same moment, and all looked back at one another at the same moment...wondering if we each saw the same thing. This young girl made her way speedily past us, and into GNC...at that moment, the four of us confirmed with some serious gut laughter, and tear filled eyes that we had indeed seen the same thing...she was not shirtless...but the shirt was pointless...for it was the color of flesh, and she did NOT have a bra...and she was decently endowed. The thought now still evokes a subtle laugh and great big smile. I suddenly realized why they are sometimes referred to as "knockers"...for knock they did! I'm surprised she didn't knock herself out. It was like an extra pair of arms flailing in front of her.

I'm at a loss for how someone could feel it appropriate...let alone COMFORTABLE...to do that. I thought those things were going to rip right off her chest! We sat there for another ten or so minutes laughing, wiping tears, and debating whether or not she was wearing a bra...She was not. I looked immediately as she passed and saw no straps. We "casually" walked passed the store to verify that she was not wearing a bra. We were probably the most obvious foursome to ever try and observe, but it was completely worth it! I mean its not a picture I love to have burned in my memory, but it was indeed a bonding moment among friends. Moments like that bond you in a way that nothing else can.

After she had made her purchase she happily strolled out of the store and back down the street off into the darkness. I doubt we'll ever see her again...but we will NEVER forget her...or her anatomy.

No comments: