Tuesday, March 20

Grey's Anatomy lives in a time warp

So a fact about me...almost every Thursday night at 8:00pm Mountain Time, you can find me at Aubry's house watching Grey's Anatomy. It's kind of a different show...but has enough humour and like able characters that I enjoy that hour of my life. One thing that I have noticed...as well as Aubry...is that the timing on on Grey's is very strange. I sent Aubry an email today about my current feelings and opinions of Grey's and she suggested I blog it...it doesn't really fit into the nature of my blog, but randomness in the universe isn't a bad thing. Below is the email that I sent to Aubry. She commented on the fact that Meredith was suddenly back in action after serious tragedy in her life and I sent the following response: (I have added some commentary which is in italics)

I know…they didn’t even address the fact that Meredith killed her self…they address her mom dying…but that’s it! (and only like two seconds when Baily tells her she is doing I don't even remember, but its because her parent just died) LAME! Everyone is stupid right now…well maybe not…let’s see… (my feelings about the characters change often...although...George has been on the S-list for a while)

Izzie…jerk for sleeping with George...she isn't really into him
George…jerk for sleeping with Izzie, and adulterer because he HAS A WIFE!!! (who rocks the Casbah)!
Preston…jerk because his masculinity was being threatened, and he is just annoying
McSteamy…not really my favorite, but nothing too jerky lately (although not to shabby to look at...eye candy as Jill might say)

Meredith…love her…in all her flawedness…love her!! (favorite episode is when she has appendicitis)
Derrick…the perfect man…in all his flawedness
Alex…good man…good doctor and friend to Jane Doe (again...eye candy)
Dr. Bailey…always the moral compass…moving forward like a great white shark
Yang…flawed, mean, ornery, but I LOVE HER! She is SO honest.
Cali…loved her from the beginning. (Love to watch her dance in her underwear, and she is on my list of girl crushes)
Addison…WHY IS SHE LEAVING!? (and McSteamy better NOT go with her) You can’t hate her…no matter how hard you try(...she is SO glam...as Aubry would say)
Chief...his lover died, his wife left him…he works in a hospital of crazies, and that is not counting the patients.

So there you have it...my current take on Grey's Anatomy. I can only hope that it doesn't jump the shark. It would be nice to see this show go out on top...I'm not saying I want it to end, but it is always depressing when shows go bad.

1 comment:

aubry. said...

amen. and yes, addison IS so glam!