Tuesday, December 23

Banana Bread

I have made a recent foray into the fine art of baking. I enjoy cooking, but have always been afraid of flour, and powdered sugar, and brown sugar, and baking soda, and all other main baking ingredients. (I am also a disaster in the kitchen so that is kind of a detractor).

I believe the fear began when I was somewhere between 11 and 13 and I attempted to make these really good Kiss cookies that my mom makes...unfortunately I substituted, unknowingly, powdered sugar for flour. My mom could not figure out what was wrong, until she noticed the jar from which I was taking the "flour". I suppose that is a disadvantage to having special jars for your baking ingredients, but I rather like it, and will just have to take my chances.

I decided that about eighteen years had passed since that incident and and I may be due for another attempt at baking. It began last year, with my work to perfect a chocolate chip cookie...and frankly...I think my chocolate chips cookies are pretty damn good. I have recently moved on to from scratch cup cakes and once again...I am not too shabby. So I decided that it was time to really up my game and make an attempt at banana bread. After FINALLY getting a recipe from my best bud...seriously...I think I had to sign in blood to get the recipe...so don't even think about asking! It is still a work in progress, but too empty plates full at the end of the work day should signify that I made some pretty decent loaves of banana bread.
I am still a disaster in the kitchen as seen here


and my presentation leaves a bit to be desired...


But I am getting there and someday soon the look will match the taste! (the loaf on the left contains chocolate chips)

No comments: