Friday, December 19

Christmas time is here

This year I acquired...inherited...was given...any...I now have Christmas trees...three to be exact. The use to belong to my parents...then to my brother and sister in law, and now they are mine. I love Christmas trees...I have so many happy memories of sitting in a room lite only by the lights on the Christmas tree. In fact one such evening...oh...sixteen years ago I sat on the couch next the the tree in our living room listening to the soundtrack to Dances with Wolves holding my (at the time) baby sister Kelli (not so much a babe in arms anymore). That night I confessed to my then 3 and half month old sister that I was going to get a VERY bad grade (ie failing) on my science project...mostly because I hadn't actually done it! I remember feeling so stressed out at the time...being so worried what my parent's would say...I had to tell someone...and I knew Kelli would understand :) Well at least she wouldn't tell my parents!
Anyway...I love the trees...even now...my parent's have a flocked tree with white lights and red balls...you can see it from Orchard Drive in Bountiful/North Salt Lake at night, and it is beautiful. Lights and Christmas trees are two of my most favorite things about Christmas...and just in general.
I realize that I haven't quite reached my mom's and dad's high standards of deocrating...yet...but this will have to do for now! (And I am still working on perfecting my photography abilities with indoor lighting...obviously).








1 comment:

mattie said...

they look good! i'm glad you have the patience to deal with decorating three trees.