Saturday, August 22

Jonah Boy Turns One

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAH BOY!!!
On August 23rd, Jonah Scott Russell will have completed his first year of life! As cliche as this sounds, it really does seem like only a few months ago we were in Midway at the cabin and Mattie went into lLabor. That was a crazy day full of driving, triathlons, weddings, police citations, but most importantly...the debut of Jonah Scott Russell. He has truly brought joy to our entire family...as well as Mattie's. If I had a music player on my blog I would have Gladys Knight and Pips, "You're the Best Thing That Ever Happen to Me" Because the J-man is the best thing to happen to the Russell family! I hope that many more "best things" happen...Scott, I'm talking to you...MORE BABIES! :)

I love you Jonah boy...happy birthday! I'm sure you'll be spoiled! And of course no "shout out" blog entry would be complete without a top ten list...

TOP TEN REASONS THAT I (but probably just about everyone) LOVES JONAH BOY...

10. He has the cutest smile...genetics are wonderful.

9. Making Jonah laugh is one of the best highs around.

8. He LOVES to have his picture taken (as evidenced by the photo above)

7. He is such a stylish dresser (although that would be more props to his mom and dad)

6. When he was younger (I know, how much younger can a one year old be) I would hold him and talk to him in his ear and he would fall asleep and I could hold him there for hours...those are probably still some of my favorite moments of life ever!

5. He likes me again...he went through a little phase during which he would cry when he saw me...glad that's over...DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN JONAH! ;)

4. He puts everyone in a good mood. Seriously...if you're having a bad day, go hang out with Jonah for a while (although this may not be true for his parents...because let's face it...what kid really puts their parents in a good mood all the time)?!

3. He is a little ball of personality! Such an entertainer.

2. He is turning into a "chatty Kathy"...or "chatty Chad" (since he is a boy)...now if I could just understand what he was saying....

1. DUH...HE IS THE CUTEST NEPHEW EVER!!!

I LOVE YOU JONAH!

4 comments:

mattie said...

yay for jonah! cute post.

Anonymous said...

I have to say... I might actually be the best thing that ever happened to the Russell family. But if you want to call it a tie thats great:)

Love ya!

kelzone said...

classic kerri...

Unknown said...

Oh Kerri...don't worry...you'll always be the baby of the family!