Monday, August 24

Mom, Mama, Mommy, Mother, Lorie

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to my wonderful mother. I would tell you how old she is but I'm really not sure...for years I kept telling people she was 29...but then I was suddenly 29 and that just didn't add up anymore...so now I still tell people she is 29, even though I'm 30. In all fairness, my mom is still super young at heart, as evidenced by this previous post. And in my, apparently new found tradition, my birthday dedication would not be complete without a top ten list...so here you go mama!

Don't hate me mom...I just really love this picture!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM

TOP TEN REASONS WHY MY MOM ROCKS THE CASBAH

(because she really, really does)


10. She is a great cook...not only do I have family to back me up on this, but also friends, who have enjoyed many a delicious "Sunday dinner" at the Russell home

9. She has a great love for literature...(which is a benefit as an English teacher)...and even better, she has passed it onto her children.

8. She is a great driver. I am one of the most nervous passengers of all time, but I've ALWAYS felt safe with my mom...she IS the best driver in the family. (Sorry Kerri...you're the best kid driver, but mom is definitely best overall)

7. She taught me to keep a clean home. Even though she thinks that her house is often a mess, it really isn't, and I keep a clean home because of her example (though as a young child it was SUPER annoying to feel as if I was always cleaning)

6. She married my dad and they made some of the best. kids. EVER!

5. She has unwavering faith in her beliefs. She is, always has been, and always will be, my greatest example of that.

4. She has a sense of humor that is rivaled by very few...and she has passed it along to her children.
3. She has always done an amazing job of making every one of her children feel like we are her favorite...at least I feel like that :)
2. She is close to her immediate and extended family and has taught me the importance of doing the same.

1. She is my mama!


I LOVE YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Mom and Kenz said...

Great post -- and I agree!

aubry. said...

true, true.

happy birthday lorie.

can't wait till november for my top ten list...

:)