Friday, August 14

The last 18.

Today, August 14, 2009, my youngest sibling turns 18 years old. I am somewhat shocked by this fact. My little baby sister is now of legal voting age...if she were to find herself getting caught in any illegal activities she would be tried as an adult (most likely anyway). My sister Kelli will turn 20 on September 3rd and then Kerri will be the last teenager in our family. I'm not sad to see them growing up...it is so odd that they're closing in on adulthood...well...young adulthood...but in truth I'm SUPER excited about it. As we've all gotten older we've become closer as siblings. Spending time with one another is so much more enjoyable...which if funny because most of the time while we're together we are still acting as goofy and immature as ever...but somehow...as pseudo grown-ups its ten times more entertaining....strange how that works. Anyway...Kerri...I love you and am so lucky to be your sister. HAPPY BIRTHDAY...here's to you...



TOP TEN REASONS KERRI IS AWESOME

10. She is HI-LARIOUS...Kerri comes up with the quickest, wittiest remarks on the spot.


9. She LOVES Jesus and she isn't afraid to let people know. :)


8. She is really just the salt of the earth. So humble and loving and so genuinely kind and good.


7. She is a fabulous dresser and someday when I'm wealthy I will pay her to be my personal shopper.


6. She possess the wonderful ability to find the humor in most situations and can laugh a lot of things off that others may not find as humorous. Go Lady Wild Cats basketball!!! ;)


5. I've said it before and I'll say it again...her natural athletic abilities are INSANE!


4. She can ALWAYS bring a smile to my face.


3. She is brave (or crazy...not sure which one) as evidenced by her upcoming sky diving adventure.


2. She tells the best knock knock jokes





and the #1 reason that Kerri is awesome...




HELLO...SHE IS A RUSSELL...and ALL RUSSELL's are AWESOME!

2 comments:

mattie said...

happy birthday ker bear! i still can't believe she's going sky diving. she is CRAZY!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brookie!!!! Your too kind. My favorite is definitely number 6!!!!! haha and the Jesus one of course!
I Love You!