Sunday, January 3

My Family

I know that I recently blogged about my family, but I felt like this was worth some recognition. Tonight I was at my parent's house for dinner and my sister Kerri was getting ready to go back to school (she attends BYU). As she was getting ready, very reluctantly I might add, she asked our mom if she could just stay at home..."Do I really have to go back to school?" "Can I just stay home?" Of course our mom said no and Kerri continued to begrudgingly haul her things out to the car. As she was standing at the kitchen counter looking so sad to be leaving I told her that she should be grateful to have a family that she loves spending so much time with. She agreed with me. (Kerri would probably in almost every case, pick to spend time with her family over her friends except maybe Mackenzie...who is sort of a family member anyway).

As I watched Kerri leave, with tears ALMOST welling up in her eyes, I thought about how truly lucky I am that I have such an awesome family. I really do. I'm so grateful for them. I wish that every one could meet us and hang out with us because frankly we are "good times".
As seen here: (I was not present for this particular good time, however this is on par for what often can and does happen when the Russell clan is together).

8 comments:

Kristina said...

hahahahahahahhaaaaaa...... thanks for the laugh...Love the vid...go professional. :-)

ern said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...i second that.
and so does john. he wants to watch it again.

mattie said...

i'm glad your friends think this is funny because i think it' really embarrassing. oh well...at least we can make some people laugh.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Allen Family said...

Hey Brooky--
That makes me roll my buns off and feel homesick, because you TOTALLY know my sisters and I would do something just like that. I am proud that you guys thought to get it on camera and on YouTube... that's untrod territory for the 5 J's. Interesting....
love yer guts can't wait to see you!
-- Jes

Mom and Kenz said...

We laughed so hard the first time we saw this. My kids have been working hard on their own now!

kelzone said...

um actually over the break kerri ditched scott and i more than once to hang out with mackenzie. and then she ditched us to play basketball with krishelle and elaine. so i think the tides have turned (i stood up mason twice cause i hung out with scott and mom instead)

Tara said...

Oh my heck this is hilarious...I'm glad I came acrossed it today...haha...I needed a good laugh.