Thursday, December 8

a day well spent in Chubbuck Idaho

I went up to Chubbuck, ID today.  
(You can read about my previous adventures to and from Chubbuck here)
I didn't have a "special" reason for going...although I think that my friend Cali is definitely reason enough to make the drive...so I DID have a special reason.
And while Chubbuck may not sound like a happen place, it was definitely a day well spent
See for your self.


While driving I got a bloody nose. (Why I live in a cold, dry climate...I do not know)  My napkin supply had been depleted.  I was so close to Cali's I couldn't bring myself to pull over and take car of the situation.  So I grab a tampon from the jockey box...problem solved.  I can only imagine what the other drivers on the road thought.  But it is the best plug for a bloody nose if there ever was one.
We then had lunch Gilmore Girls style...fries from 5 Guys, chips & salsa form Chili's and Panda Express...


And of course we had to have dessert. Courtesy of Nielsen's Frozen Custard in Bountiful.



To make up for the gluttony of lunch we took a 3+ mile walk...and a photo...the photo was more for posterity than burning calories.


And to top it all off we were presented with this...


A day like today reminds me how much my Heavenly Father loves me.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Do you realize I live just an hour and 20 mins north of there!? why didn't we get to see you today???

Tricia said...

hehehehehehehehehehehe...

Cali said...

YAY GILMORE GIRLS! Thanks for coming. What a great post. :)