Sunday, August 12

and they keep on coming...


I love the Olympics.  I always have.  So enjoy another post J

I LOVE that Katie Bell counts “5,6,7,8” before she dives.

It makes me laugh when the platform divers jump on the platform and it doesn’t bounce.  I know it isn’t going to, but I expect it to every time.

Ok so I initially thought it might be the pole vaulters that are the strongest athletes.  But it might actually be women’s platform divers…or maybe it is just Brittany Viola.  Holy handstand Batman!

Misty May high-fiving almost the entire arena after May and Walsh beat China.  I am going to miss watching those two play volleyball.  Misty May-Treanor is magical.  Some of those digs she gets could only be got with magic…Misty Magic!

I love how the pole vaulters start to celebrate (or bum out) as they are falling to the mats. 

It was adorable when Ashton Eaton’s mom reminded him that “the blue goes on the left” when she handed him a US flag after he won the gold in the decathlon and became the world’s greatest athlete. 

I loved how the decathlon athletes were congratulating each other PRIOR to the 1500 meter run.

Track stars seem to smile more than gymnasts.  In fact, I think track stars seem to smile more than any other athletes.

I will not miss Usain Bolt…sorry guys…I am just really not the biggest fan.  He is incredible, no doubt.

Georganne Moline.  She finished fifth in the 400 meter hurdles.  It was her personal best time.  I can’t wait to see her in Brazil.  I loved watching her run. She ran her heart out in the finals.  (This can be said about many of the athletes.)  I wish we saw more about the non medalists. Thank goodness for the Internet.

Speaking of non medalists…LoLo Jones was also a favorite.  She got put down, publicly by some of her teammates but never slammed them back.  She just stood up for who she is and did her best.  Maybe her best on the final race day wasn’t Olympic medal best, but I still think she is amazing.  PS to Dawn Harper and Kellie Wells…taking digs at your teammate on national television is really bad form and exceptionally disappointing from an Olympic athlete. 

Misty and Kerri winning gold was a beautiful thing.  I kind of felt like I was invading their friendship by watching them after they won.  Clearly they are best friends.  I don’t think another women’s beach volleyball team is ever going to be as amazing as they are unless they have that same friendship.  The ties that bind are what bring the greatest success in life.

No comments: