Thursday, August 2

Swimming and "Women's" Gymnastics


It really should not be called women’s gymnastics because it is actually little girl’s gymnastics.  That is in no way a put down for their talent.  They are insane athletes.  Their strength and bendiness is…I have no words.  But they are little girls…adorably tough little girls…but little girls none the less.

I wish that the uneven bars were shown in slow motion.  I mean it looks cool in real time, but holy stretchy legs, Batman!  In slow motion it is extraordinary to see the lines they make with their bodies and the air they get while doing their routines.

How can you not love Missy Franklin an Gabby Douglas?!  When those two smile…it is pure joy.  And they are great sports.  Always congratulating their competitors.

Also, Rebecca Soni, like her a lot.

Aliya Mustafina gave the slightest of smiles right before she began her floor routine.  It made my night.  I think it was the first time she had smiled during the individual competition.  The Russian gymnasts always seem so serious and dour.  It was nice to see even just a hint of a smile from that little girl. 

I don’t understand, nor do I like gymnastics scoring.  I do however, enjoy the movie Stick It!

Gabby Douglas’s smile and pure enjoyment during her floor routine put the biggest grin on my face. 

I think that Aliya Mustafina and Aly Raisman should take a trip together…maybe to Disneyland.  I think they need some happiest place on earth-ness in their lives.  The hints of smiles they let escape make me think they have great smiles and should show them off more.  Although considering that Aliya beat Aly in a tie breaker for the bronze…maybe Gabby should go with them as a buffer. Also Shawn Johnson should go on this trip with them.  In fact maybe Gabby Douglas and Shawn Johnson so take Aly Raisman and Aliya Mustafina on a road trip. 

I really like the red nails of Ranomi Kromowidjojo…and her name.

I think Michael Phelps might be a vampire.

Viktoria Komova was really, really, really upset when she didn’t win gold.  Which I realize is probably a HUGE bummer…but kid, you won a silver medal at the Olympics!  I bet Aly Raisman or Aliya Mustafina would have been thrilled to take that off your hands...especially Aly Raisman.  That tie breaker was a heart breaker.

Also...this has nothing to do with the Olympics, but go see Beasts of the Southern Wild.  

No comments: