Monday, November 17

busy week

This past week...consisting of November 10th to the 15th I had a B-U-S-Y week...socially anyway...work was actually pretty slow since we just finished a HUGE upgrade for our main processing system...my my social life was booming as ever, and it was pretty enjoyable...so here are some highlights:

Monday-November 10, 2008- ok so Monday wasn't really that exciting...well...for me it was...I went home, made myself some dinner and watched Chuck and did laundry...I LOVE doing laundry (not kidding...it is so relaxing)...and then read the Alchemist...one of my new favorites and I HIGHLY recommend it.

Tuesday-November 11, 2008-I had dinner with my great friend Heidi Justine Lamb. We figured out that we had not scene each other in TWO years...which was weird...oh and Heidi now has brown medium length hair verses long blond hair...when she answered the door I did not recognize her for about a second, but then she said "Hi Brookelee" and we were good to go. We had a delightful dinner at Wingars and enjoyed a little frozen custard from Nielsen's and just chatted about life...Good times. I love Heidi. Except I CANNOT believe that we did not take a picture! :(

Wednesday-November 12, 2008-My friend Aubry's birthday was the 16th and for her gift I bought her a concert ticket to the Hotel Cafe All Girl Tour. It was great. Artists I love, artists that were new, and RAD...and of course Jason Kanakis...I just love him! He tours with the Hotel Cafe band...and he introduces all the artists at the concerts. He was at the show in April and we were right in front of him at the stage and I just swooned over him the whole time...and this time was not any different, except that I got to meet him! We chatted, and he is pretty much as cool as I thought. Plus...I think he can play EVERY stringed instrument known to man, and perhaps some not known to man. Anyway...He is great...and yes...I have a "SMALL" crush :)


Jason playing his guitar...WITH...a broken pinkie finger!

Jason playing another stringed instrument...I am not a musician...I just enjoy the music..again...broken pinkie.

He is a SERIOUS multi-tasker...probably only one of a very few men who are!

And then of course he is always there to lend a hand with a finicky microphone. This mic was causing a LOT of "trouble" for Lenka during "the show"

Lenka could totally be in the Russell family...she has the right toothy grin!

She was a performer that I had not ever seen before or heard much of, but she is pretty great...ok so that is a bit of an understatement. She pretty much rocks the KASBAH!! And she was hilarious to watch on stage because she is just so mellow and happy to be where ever she is. Kelli and I loved watching her play her tambourine when other artists would perform. Rachel Yamagata was another rockin' performer on Wednesday...SERIOULSY...she performed a song...and now I can't remember the name...and Kelli recorded the whole performance and it was just amazing...and then Kelli realized she had not pressed the record button...bummer dude...she was still A-MAZING!! Plus she sent a couple "shout outs" to her aunt and uncle and thanked them for bringing in dinner for the tour and I thought that was pretty classy.

Rachel Yamagata

All the artists were great. I've yet to be let down or disappointed by a Hotel Cafe Tour. And of course I always enjoy a concert with Kelli and my concert going partner in crime Aubry.

Kelli, Brooke, Aubry


Emily Wells, Mieko, Jonny Flowers, Thao Nguyen

Jason, Rachel, Meiko

Kate Havnevik- she likes to unwind with tea after a show.

Meiko-as sassy and "I don't give damn" as always. And of course...a great performer.

So that was Wednesday...well Wednesday until about 11:00pm. Once I made it home I had two house guests waiting for me. Becca and Katie moved to California on Saturday and were saying their goodbyes in Salt Lake to friends and family and crashed with me. The three of us chatted until about 1:30am, and then Becca and I continued until about 4:30am. It was really nice to have that time to say goodbye to a friend that has been such a huge part of my life.

Thursday-November 13, 2008-I managed to have a nice relaxing evening cleaning and getting ready for my weekend.

Friday-November 14, 2008-My friend Jill and I enjoyed a little Thai food at Sawadee in Salt Lake before we headed up to Layton to Aubry's 27th birthday party and Chuck E Cheese. Yes...25 plus year old's birthday partying it up old skool.

SKEE BALL!! The reason for going to Chuck E Cheese.

Jill, Tara, Shorts, Jon


Of course the birthday girl needs a hug from the big Cheese himself!

And I guess Ed has been feeling a bit neglected these days so Chuck E showed him a little love too. AHHHH...so special.

After Chuck E Cheese Jill and I went to Coffee Break in Salt Lake and sat outside drinking warm beverages until about 1:00am. There is something so great about Salt Lake City in the wee small hours of the morning. Just ask Courtney about our walk around the city one night until 2:00am. Indescribable.
Saturday-November 15, 2008-I have been craving Ruth's for weeks, and so Tara and I got up Saturday morning and drove up Emigration Canyon for some GOOD eats. We didn't even have to wait to be seated. Then I went to a somewhat belated baby shower for Jonah and Mattie...since he arrived two weeks early we had to postpone it. It was great to see my family and catch up...and the highlight of course was holding Jonah for an uninterrupted hour and half!!! AND...he feel asleep in my arms. There is something about holding a baby...it just brings this peace that you can't get anywhere else...possibly the temple...but it's wonderful. I could have called it a day at that point...and in truth...kind of wished I had. Here are new pics of Jonah I got at the shower...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HIM!!!
I mean can you get any more adorable than that!!!

OR THIS!!!??!!!

"Hello. My name is Jonah Scott Russell and I am pretty much the cutest baby ever."

I LOVE GRAMS!! (Grams is holding him...you just can't see her).

Well...part of me wishes my day had ended there...but alas...I had...in a lapse of judgement...agreed to attend a New Kids on the Block concert. I am familiar with I think...four?...songs. It was not my favorite experience and only reaffirmed my distaste for arena concerts. (In case anyone is going to be attending an arena conert soon, I would recommend earplugs. It will keep out the screaming and you will be able to hear the music much better). I wish I could say that I had a good time. There were moments that were entertaining...mostly due to my friend Jen, who was screaming...possibly on the verge of crying...with joy and excitement each time a new song began. Anyway...chalk it up to experience and it is for sure something I can laugh about...screaming women...mostly in their twenties, thirties and forties...man it stunk like estrogen! GROSS!!!

All in all it was a pretty great week.

5 comments:

mattie said...

the alchemist is one of my favorite books. cute pictures of jonah too. he sure loves his aunt brookie!

Holly said...

Well that does it, I've had the Alchemist on my "to-read" list forever and I'm finally going to get around to it.

Such cute pics, Jonah really is adorable! I see you're keeping up the busy social agenda, as usual.

Love you!

Sweet J said...

Uh NKOTB rules!!!!!

Sweet J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anya said...

Um, hello NKOTB???- that was like a $90 ticket in Las Vegas... I know girls that would eat bugs to have a ticket given to them! Not me of coure.....