Sunday, January 24

the facts of life...my life anyway.

No...this is not going to be a post about the birds and the bees.

This is going to be about facts that I've learned in life and been reminded of this last week...(in no particular order)

1. You can't always get what you want.

2. Education is wonderful.

3. Parents are essential to success in life. I would not be where or who I am without mine.
addendum to 3-parent's do not always = a mom & dad. they come in all shapes and sizes. Mine happen to be a mom and a dad.

4. Friends are also essential to my success. (This may be the only thing that C.S. Lewis and I disagree about).

5. It is important to know what you believe.

6. Life is too important to be taken seriously. (thank you Oscar Wilde)

7. Always proof read.

These are lessons I've learned...maybe you've learned them too...maybe you haven't. Maybe you don't think they are true...but they are things that I know.

5 comments:

kelzone said...

add to #7-make sure you're saying it to the right person.
also, i think you have great friends too.

Mom and Kenz said...

Well said!

mattie said...

i have a story to add to kelli's comment. one time, my dad got a text from one of his priests saying "hey, sexy! how's it goin." or something to that effect. he meant to send it to his cousin as a joke whose last name is bishop but sent it to bishop daines instead!

Allen Family said...

Hey-- loved the list and love you! Wow, what a treat to see you this past weekend and get a real Brookie hug. Thanks for coming to the house, it was so fun to catch up. love yer guts- JK

Tracy said...

Love the list, Brooke.

Here's one I learned this week:

To be happy, learn to enjoy practicing becoming the kind of person who gets the kinds of things you desire. As your focus becomes the process rather than the endpoint, your life is enriched.

Of course, you always were quite good at this... =)