Thursday, January 7

Limericks

So in the past few years...I think the last three...I've become somewhat obsessed, entertained, enthralled, interested...not sure the right word...with limericks. You can check out any website for a description as well as the rules...my limericks tend to fall under the category of anti-limerick, or not-quite-a-true limerick (since the rhyming scheme isn't quite perfect and mine limericks are not always dirty or obscene) ...but I've always been one to march to the tune of my own instrument...so why would my limericks be any different. In recent months as birthday reminders have popped up on my Facebook account I've dreaded writing the "Happy Birthday" message on my friend's Facebook Wall...so just recently I've taken to writing a "Happy Birthday" limerick...said one recipient: "I love it!!!" I think THREE exclamation marks is equivalent to FIVE stars, or TWO thumbs up...so with this marvelous review (thank you Sonna) a new form of birthday well wishing has begun.

Here are a few I've written recently:

There once was a girl named Brooke
who when wearing a dress she shook.
She hated them so...
Worse than stubbing her toe.
But now she just loves their look.


There once was a girl named Sonna
Who loved to sing lots of song-a's
She had a sweet voice
Definitely choice
Nothing she ever sang was wrong-a!


There once was a girl named Kira
Who could shake her hips like Shakira.
She wiggled her buns
which drew men by the tons...
she had to fight them off with a spear-a


I know you are all so excited for your birthdays to arrive! I'm also willing to write limericks for other special occasions...or if you're ever just feeling down and need a pick me up, I could probably help you out there as well. Perhaps I will even start each new blog post off with a limerick...who knows...I just think they are funny and fun to create...perhaps I will grow tired of them, but until then...

There once was a girl from Peru
Who never exactly grew.
When friends came to call
the commented, "How small!
So small she fits in your shoe!"

2 comments:

kelzone said...

she's japanese too, remember?

Unknown said...

The limerick isn't about her specifically...she inspired it.