Saturday, January 9

Yes, yes I did.

For such an intelligent, street savvy chic, I often find myself in situations that seem incongruent with my smarts. The most recent example being an event which occurred Thursday evening. I was conversing with my dear friend Candice, and being the multi-tasker that I am, decided to do a little fix-it project involving Krazy Glue. This is the moment at which my intelligence, street smarts, and general common sense should have kicked in...perhaps working with Krazy Glue while focusing my attention on a conversion and not having use of both hands, is NOT the best idea...alas it was not, as evidenced by the photos below...

These two finger were the SECOND two I glued together...(I know, fool me once, shame on you,fool me twice, shame on me...)...they also came apart the fastest with the help of some acetone nail polish remover.

These were the FIRST two fingers I glued together. And YES, I remained on the phone while attempting to un-stick them...I needed the morale support while I soaked my fingers in hot soapy water...It took me over an hour to get these two fingers unstuck...and in the end I lost a few layers of skin off of Mr. Pointer.

I know it seems ridiculous that this could happen, but as my friend Julianne said, at least it wasn't my butt cheeks...such words of wisdom. And maybe it isn't so ridiculous...Krazy Glue is some tough stuff...I mean I've used it to "sew" up wounds...so if it can hold deep cuts together, why not my two measly fingers :)

3 comments:

Clark and Katie said...

Brooke,
I don't want to be rude here...but it doesn't surprise me a bit that you glued your fingers together! I'm glad that you got them undone!

Mom and Kenz said...

Ouch! Been there done that too... but usually when I'm trying to prevent my kids from doing it to themselves.

Holly said...

That is very funny! You gluing your fingers together has completely brightened my evening. You're totally great!