Wednesday, February 2

"Direction is initially more important than speed." - Neal A. Maxwell

I've always been a "saunterer"  When I was in college my roommates would tease me and tell me to leave a few minutes before them when we walked to class because they knew they would catch up with me...and joke or no joke...it was true...they always caught up to me.  I guess I could lengthen my stride...but it feels awkward.  I walk at a pace that fits me...I always have...and I imagine I always will.  And despite my somewhat slower pace...I still manage to get where I need to go



And so it is with my life...I don't seem to do things in the "right" order or in the way that will lead me to "success".  But whose definitions of right and success am I supposed to live by?  Well that is for me and God to figure out.  Not anyone else.  How fast I get to where ever it is I'm going...it is in my Father's time...but as long as I'm heading that way...I'm golden.  Some days my best is like an Olympic marathon runner...and some days...well...it is more like I'm limping across a desert...while I'm thirsty and exhausted. But such is life...we just keep going...no matter what...however fast or slow.

Below is my favorite talk from LDS General Conference.
I feel like it ties very well into Elder Maxwell's statement and it has been a great touchstone for me and how I try to live my life from the first time I heard it.
I know it is three clips long, but I PROMISE it is worth it.
(it's only about ten minutes long)

Elder Lawrence E Corbridge
"The Way"

(If you don't want to watch it, download it free from iTunes.  I know you can read it, but you NEED to HEAR this man say these words.  The conviction and faith in his voice is something to be heard).


2 comments:

ern said...

thank you for that, i needed it tonight. and you're right, it was much better listening to it.
have i mentioned that i'm glad you're my friend? cause i am.

Tara said...

Oh my wise cousin. I love you. You rock.