Sunday, February 27

February=Love: the 27th

Rebecca Louise Fischer, Sara Anne England Greener, Jessy Kay Excell Allen
and Becca Williams Doutre...
this post is dedicated to you.
February=Love: the 27th
taking a shower.

I know there are those of you out there who are probably shocked that I've never mentioned this before.
You are probably my old roommates.
So in the case that someone is doubting my deep and abiding love for taking showers...
yes...deep and abiding...
then all you have to do is ask any number of roommates that I've had.
They have definitely had some input.

If I could shower three times a day, I would.
(And no, I am NOT a germ-a-phob.)
There is nothing I detest more than when I have to take a quick shower.
To me a quick shower is ten minutes...but even fifteen or twenty is never quite enough.
Thirty minutes at least.
Unless of course the hot water is broken...
or irresponsible roommates (who are NOT those listed above) forget to pay the gas bill.
Then it is get in
rinse.
turn off the water.
soap up.
turn on the water.
rinse.
get out.
repeat if necessary for hair washing
(which happens almost every time I shower...and I still have amazing hair)

I can't believe that anyone who has read this post is all that surprised by this.
(A shower is typically part of a bathroom.)

In college I would shower at 3:00am sometimes...
because of course you're still wide awake at 3:00am when you're in college.

One of the highlights of showering for me is the fantastic singing that happens while in the shower.
My favorite song to sing in the shower is
I learned all the words by the time I was probably 3 or 4 I would imagine.
A close second is
I learned all the words to this one by the time I was ten or eleven.
My parents listened to the oldies station all the time.

Not only are showers a good time to exercise my vocal chords
but they are relaxing.
And a good time to work out the mysteries of the Universe.

While I LOVE swimming...whether it be in the pool, the ocean, a river or a lake...
NOTHING takes the place of the refreshing feeling a shower brings.

Last summer I spent many, many Fridays at Pineview.
I loved every minute of it.
One of best parts of those days was coming home after a long day in the sun and water and taking a shower.
It was the cherry on top of those wonderful summer days.

If I'm in a bad mood the shower is the perfect place to sulk and let my anger wash away (pun totally intended)
If I'm in a good mood then there is much joy and singing.
If I'm tired it is a refreshing wake up.
If I'm tired it is a soothing lullaby.

After all...we never know when a zombiepocalypse is going to happen...
so let's follow Tallahassee's advice and

No comments: