Wednesday, February 16

February=Love: the 16th

February=Love: The 16th
I love when a person, place or thing brings such joy to me that it causes happy tears and goofy grins that I can't wipe off.

Most of this months blog posts (if not all of them) do exactly that.
And I LOVE that feeling.

Just being happy for no discernible reason can bring tears to my eyes.
But more often than tears,
a huge goofy grin spreads across my face and I can't wipe it off and then I start laughing.
Like right now...
as I'm typing this...
I'm think of things that make me feel this way.

Perhaps it seems silly to be so excited about the ability to feel this.
But I don't think so.
"Men are that they might have joy."
(2 Nephi 2:25)
And in those moments, I feel like that is what I'm experiencing.
A little minuscule taste of what awaits me on the other side.

I don't take being happy or experiencing that joy for granted.
Sometimes being happy is really tough for me...
as I'm sure it is for a lot of people.
I'm not implying my life is more difficult than other people's...just that being happy doesn't come easy.
(People often think I'm in a bad mood, or upset, or ornery...
I think it's because my mouth naturally turns down.)
So when these moments come I soak them up like my hair soaks up the sun during days at Pineview.

I often think of these moments as tender mercies of the Lord.
At times I think that my entire life is made up of tender mercies.
I feel so lucky and so blessed to have the life that I do.
And so in those moments when I can truly feel and outwardly express the joy that comes from them...I go with it.
I never want my Father in Heaven to doubt how I feel about my life
and all the persons, places and things in it...
and most especially...
how grateful I am to be able to feel both joy and sadness...
but especially the joy.