Wednesday, February 9

February=Love: the 9th

February 9th:
The OCEAN.



's

the


I.
LOVE.
THE.
OCEAN.
I mean...
really,
really,
really,
L-O-V-E.
I feel so at home when I'm at the ocean.
It is ~70% of our planet...
and ~50% of our bodies...
why wouldn't it feel like home?
I've only experienced the Atlantic and the Pacific
(and the Caribbean Sea...which I guess isn't the ocean but is it part of the Atlantic?)
(Indian, Arctic, Southern...
someday we will meet.)

For now my favorite is
the Pacific.
I loved living in Boston.
Loved everything about it.
But as gorgeous as it is...
(especially from the New England coastline and the Caribbean sea if we're counting that as the Atlantic...if not then it is a CLOSE 2nd to the Pacific)
it never felt the way it did when I was in Hawaii, California, Mexico, Alaska or Washington.
I don't know what it is about the Pacific
but we belong together.
Rialto Beach-Pacific Ocean-off the coast of the Olympic Peninsula
Sunset beach-not my photo-can't find my Hawaii photos-not good
My photos of the ocean from Mexico are not digital, nor are my California ones or my Alaska ones...GEEZ!
Google!

There is only one other place where I feel more at home than the ocean
but I'll save that for another February day.

It calms my soul to be at/in the ocean.
(water in general has the affect on me)
It really does.
Life makes more sense.
My thinking is clearer.
I'm just happier.
And as I sit there watching the waves I know that God exists.
I know that this world, though designed as a playing field of sorts...
was also designed so that we could see how much He does love us.
I feel so small at the ocean.
Yet, knowing that God loves me...and knows me, Brooke, that smallness is not a bad thing.
I see that there is so much more beyond this world.
And so I remember to never give up.

i love the ocean.

No comments: