Monday, February 7

February=Love

(I meant to actually start this on the 1st of this month.)
It is February.
A lot people do not like February.
Words and phrases I've heard used to describe people's feelings towards February:
loathe
hate
drives me insane
dank and dreary
depressing
cold and sad
lonely
worst.month.ever.
horrible
lame
not a real month
(since it doesn't even have 30 days when it's leap year)

I think you get the picture.
Well I don't hate February...
though I am not a lover of the winter days with their serious lack of sunshine.
So in an effort to combat the February blues...
here is a list of 28 persons, places or things that I love and the reasons why...
well 7 on this post and one to follow, ideally, everyday during the great month of February

(What should have been) February 1st:
my sunroof on my Honda.
As you may or may not know The Champ
(my Honda Accord)
was stolen about two months after I purchased it.
I was SOOOOOOO, SOOOOOOO happy to get her back because of the sunroof.
It makes me happy in the summer.
It makes me happy in the winter.
In fact I think I might actually enjoy it a bit more in the winter.
Cold and sunny winter days driving to work with the heater on and the sunroof open blasting Celine, Miley (don't judge. go listen to Party in the USA with the windows down), P!nk, Katy, Britney, Lights, BEP's, Mike, Gaga, AF, Dolly and Kenny...
I really could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.
Anyway...
love the Champ's sunroof.

(What should have been) February 2nd:
She really is like my child.
I know, I'm single.

(What should have been) February 3rd:
If you have not yet discovered Mumford & Sons, listen to the next three clips and then go download the album Sigh No More and any other singles you can find.

This:

This:

and This:

Seriously...
stop reading.
go buy their album.
and singles.
And then come back and finish reading because there are some more goodies below.

(What should have been) February 4th:
There is an exhibit of his work in Provo at BYU.
I know, I know, but it's worth braving Utah County road construction...
AND crazy Provo/Orem drivers.
I promise.
It's free.
But pay the 3 bucks for the iPad with added info about Carl and his paintings.
Totally worth it.
The Doubting Thomas
...who perhaps is not so doubting as we think.
Rent the iPad.
See the exhibit.
See what I mean.

(What should have been) February 5th:
I don't have her permission to do this, but hopefully she won't get upset.
My cousin Amy.
As you may or may not know, I really love my family...including my extended family.
Amy is my 2nd cousin somethingorother removed?
I don't really know how that works...
but we're related.
Recently she has reminded me why I love my family so much.
And she has been a very good and patient friend.
She is funny.
Her husband Toby is funny too.
And they like my cooking.
Well, what they've tasted.
They're having a baby soon.
They are going to be hilarious and awesome parents.

(What should have been) February 6th:
him and him and him:
I don't know what my life would be like without any of them and all they have done.
And I'm still counting this as part of the 6th...
this place changed my life...
or rather...
made it what it is:

(What is) February 7th:
My journals.
I have quite a few more (understatement) but as most of my stuff is in boxes these will have to suffice.
I've been writing in my journals quite religiously since I was in junior high...
...even before then, but those journals were thrown out.
(We do not speak of the atrocity.)
What I love the most about them is that they are a life saver when I need an outlet...
but more importantly...
they have taught me so much as I've gone back to read
and reread
and rereread
and rerereread
and...you get the picture.

Well that brings us current for the month of February.
Tune in tomorrow for a new February=Love.

2 comments:

Jannifer said...

Thanks for brightening my February with this post! (Not going to lie, the winter is getting to me, it was nice to read something happy.)

Allen Family said...

Hillair! Yah, I loved this post. I loved all the mini posts. It's so good to remember small things that make us happy. Some of yours were making me roll. I love you, Brookie...in February and all year long! --JK