Monday, February 14

February=Love: the 14th

February=Love: the 14th

Today I could write about so many things.
I could write about the history of Valentine's day...
which I find extremely interesting...
so do yourself a favor and Google it 
or just check out what the History Channel website has to say.

Last year this was my Valentine's post.

Since this year I'm writing everyday and specifics I don't feel like I need to dedicate this post strictly to Valentine's day.
I will say this...(again...see last year's post)
Valentine's day has never really been about romantic love for me.
I mean that is included, but I think it's great that there is a day set aside to remind us to tell people we love them.
(something we should do more than once a year)

And with that...I'm going to tell my sister Kerri Ann Russell how much I love her.
Why did I pick February 14th as the day to write about one of my most favorite people?
Because it is Kerri's half birthday.  So it seemed appropriate.
(it is also my cousin Amy's (she is the 5th of February on my first love post half birthday.  Happy half birthday to you as well.  I think you should take yourself on a cruise)

I've written about Kerri before...I think on her birthday.
But I just want to tell you (Kerri) that I love you. 
I'm so grateful and lucky to have you as my sister.
You are funny...so, so funny.
You make up the best lies 
(all in fun of course...funeral for the whales...it's a good story...ask me.)
You are very kind and are often thinking of others.  That is a great trait to have.
You are smart...I think the smartest of the Russell siblings...
the ones related by blood...
Mattie might be smarter than you ;)
You have common sense.
You are genuine.
And you are truly wise beyond your years.
(shorts and I still love to talk about her birthday party last 
year and the conversation we had with you)
You thirst for knowledge.
You like to know how things work just to know.
You have such a strong testimony and you are not afraid to share it.
You work very hard in school.
You're very good with money.
You are very good about setting goals and making plans for you self.
And then reaching those goals and following through with your plans.
I could continue for a long time.  
I think you all, including Kerri, get the picture.
I hope that everyone has the opportunity to have a sister like Kerri.


So there you have it folks...my February 14th love.


1 comment:

kewwi said...

Oh brookie,

you are much to kind. I cannot express in words how much i love you. good thing i was able to give you a hug tonight, but more importantly give you the greatest gift and that is the gift of my smile.

love your little sister
kerri